Received FP Notice again within 12 months ???

StatusFinder

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday I have received FP notices for myself and my family. I did the FP on April 10th 2004. Generally the FP is valid for 15 months.

Why did they sent the notices again? Did anyone got similar notices within a year?

There is LUD changes happened to my case recently.

My wife and kid ( dependents ) too got the 2nd FP notices today before 1 year. But I have not received the FP notice. The 1st FP was done on april 15th 2004 . Does any know why they need Finger prints again before their expiration?

My details are
-----
EB2
I140/485 rd 9/3/2003
1st FP done on 4/15/04
i140 approved on 09/25/04
i485 rfe responded 10/21/04
2nd EAD/AP rd 11/04

INS does not receive your fingerprints

It happened to my wife. I made several calls to find out that INS did not receive the fingerprint because the fingerprint did not have a correct A#.

Same here. Could this be another "mass FP notice"? I am not too excited since if CIS really want to approve me, they could have already done so since the first FP is still valid.
More info about my case:
First FP done in April 04. I-140 approved Oct 04. EB2 concurrent.

Same here , me and my wife got second finger print notice today, my finger prints was done in Apr 2004, it looks they lost all april finger print results or something happend, it is not too encouraging...

Could be for biometrics

I too recently got a FP notice. But the letter mentions it is for biometrics (eye scan , digital photo etc). This seems to be different from the normal finger printing

finger prints again

Ooops, I and my wife also received the Finger prints again, before expiration and we also fall in the month of april.

Our name checks are pending, and i140 is cleared. Any of you in the same boat

Thanks

I called the 1-800 number to make sure they didn't send me the notice. The officer confirmed on that and told me the FP notice is generated by computer.

Very weird. My 485 was approved and I finished my I-551 stamping last week. Now I get this FP notice (!) - I did my FP (non biometric) in 4/2004 as well.

~T

Just my thought

Just go ahead and give those fingerprints, footprints, handprints, eyescan, facescan, pimplescan !!! I am sure they will clear the cases within few weeks !!!

Have all of your received dates past the processing times ???

I think they are sending finger print notices to all the name check pending cases !!! I have no idea why "talkative" still go those fp notices...maybe for biometrics. Just my two cents !!!

Jajabhor
I140, 485 RD - 20 July2004 ND- 26 July 2004
131(AP) approved on 19th Aug
765 (EAD) approved on 11 Sept
I140 approved on 4th November LUD- 9/14, 11/3
RFE on 140 - 9/16
RFE replied on 10/19 as per online status
I485 -LUD - 10/27
Name check email to FBI sent in Dec end...no reply yet.

LUD changed from 12/23/04 to 3/24/05

after I took the second FP yesterday. first FP was on 4/15/04. I-485 filed in Sept. 03.

baywatcher

Check the code in the notice it must be code-2.
your earlier FP code most probably was code-1. (check if you keep a copy)

These days new FP notices are code 3 (that is Code1 + code2 : simple math :) )

So they will just take your picture and one finger print.

biometrics

Interesting!!

I also got code 3 biometrics notice yesterday for all the applicants. my last FP was also in Apr 2004. Looks like a mass notification.

140/485 receipt date is dec 03.

123_sam

code 3

just got my 2nd fp done. it was code 3 for my wife and myself.
i was told that code 1 is for just fp and code 3 includes photo and thumb print for EAD. My current EAD is valid for another 11 months. so does this mean the INS expects me to be applying for a renewal again next year??? dont know. but i hope that is not going to be the case.

JS

I also got 2nd FP notice. I have not checked the code on it. my 140 is cleared and FBI name check also cleared this month. i hope they don't do another name check...

california_gc

code 3

just spoke with my lawyer. she tells me that uscis has started a new pilot program where they get the thumb print and photo and store it in ur file. so when the case is approved then the card is automatically issued using this stored data. so issuing the card is faster as they dont have to wait untill passport stamping for photo and thumb print.

JS

Today we had the FP and biometrics done earlier than schedued date.

They did biometrics for my daughter[code 2] and FP & biometrics for myself and wife [ code 3].