Received FBI Name Check status inquiry response: read here

voronv

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday I received FBI response to my Name Check fax (open attached doc for inquiry template)

Email says:

Dear ..........:

Reference is made to your facsimile dated July 16, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and your family, .......and ........ The FBI completed a record search for you on December 30, 2002, and for .......... on December 24, 2002. Also, a record check was completed for ........ on December 29, 2002. The results for all were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Sincerely yours, David M. Hardy

As you can see it took them only 3 weeks to respond. Someone posted here that they have a line since June. It seems it rather individual. My belief is that it very much depends on how well you represented your case in your letter.

But my case was anyway approved on Aug, 02 and I don't think my FBI inquiry anyhow contributed to that.

Still..., good luck, my friends!

RD: 04/18/2002
ND: 04/25/2002
FP2: 05/20/2004
AD: 08/02/2004

Voronv

Thanks for sharing your info.

Is it required to include my 3 years old child name in the name check status request form?

Thanks in advance.

hi Voronv ,

I haven't got answer for this name check, could you please tell what is this name check what we have to do for this???

Swap

Name check

i got message fron FBI for the name check, one is done on 12/25/02, and one is done on 07/14/04. The result have be sent to the USINS already.
But I am still waiting. I got the message on 7/28/04.

Who knows how dose it work.

Does this mean they doing name check more than one time?

Khan_bacha said:
Does this mean they doing name check more than one time???????????

My particular case demonstrates that: NO, THEY DO NOT.

But they probably should be doing that because if only my memory is with me somebody's post was saying that it has to expire in (I might be wrong with this number!!!) 35 days.

Luckily there is a lot of exemptions. Let say, they could accept the medical report that is > than 6 months old.

As far as I have learnt from the posts here ...

FBI name check is done only once ...

USCIS does its own internal name check [IBIS] ... which is valid 90 days [used to be 35 days earlier]

Refrence?

Shaf said:
FBI name check is done only once ...

USCIS does its own internal name check [IBIS] ... which is valid 90 days [used to be 35 days earlier]

Shaf,

Could you tell me where you read it? are you sure about that?
Thanks,

Positive.

There are too many discusiion on this forum on this subject. Thread by "Cinta" (probably THIS ) is good source of information. Look for that on this very same forum.

FBI does it once, when they get request from CIS, which is good for ever. Internal CIS name check is the one causing trouble in most of the cases, which is now valid for 90 days.

-Sanga.

afshin63130 said:
Shaf,
Could you tell me where you read it? are you sure about that?
Thanks,