Received email: I-485 approved?

gl2006hc

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

My I-485 case was updated today with the following message:

“A welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.”

Does this mean my case has been approved? I have to say I was thrilled to see this but am not certain since I do not see the word “APPROVED”.

Can you advise what will happen next?

Thanks much for insights!

gl2006hc

I140 NIW PD: Jan 2004
I140 AD: August 2005
I485 PD: April 2004
I485 AD: ??? (please help me to figure out)

I received the same email that says welcome notice. After few days I received another email that says "approved." Then on Monday, we received our cards. I say, you're approved. Congratulations!

caveatemperor,

Thanks much for the info. I feel more comfortable after seeing your case.

Still I am keeping my fingers crossed and will not claim total victory until appvoval notice and card are in my mailbox...

Thank you again.

gl2006hc

Now I am sure my case is approved. Today (06/30), 2 days after the online case status changed to welcom notice, the online case status changed to an approval notice with the following text:

"This case has been approved. On June 30, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

Now I wait for the notices in mail and hope the CARD come soon.

Wish all of you the best in getting approvals soon.

Hi gl2006hc,

How many LUDs did you get before the welcome notice? And how many before the approval? Thanks.

Online status changed after RFE response was received by USCIS. Then welcome notice with no LUD in between. No LUD between welcome notice and approval notice.

Best luck to you.