Received Courtesy Copy Today AD 19th Sept

super2066

Registered Users (C)
Received Courtesy Copy Today AD 19th Aug

Just got a call from my wife that both our approval notices had arrived. Our approval date was the 19th, so pretty quick. I have a feeling that the the AVM gets updated when they mail out the notice, but who can tell with the INS. Any tips on getting passport stamped in Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
U mean Aug 19 ??.. right.. Question for U

I have the same AD as yours and I live in the Boston area too. However, I have not yet recd my Courtesy Copy yet.

I was wondering if I need to wait for my attorney copy to get my PP stamped or is a Courtesy copy sufficient ?.

Thanks for your input.

Congratulations -- And yes AVM gets updated only when notice is sent out

Congratulations!!!! And best of luck for the future

You are correct. The AVM gets updated only when the notice is sent out. The printing and sending of the notice is the final stage and considered the 'approval' of the case.

Keep in mind the steps that are followed
1. An Adjudication officer picks up the case
2. Officer acts on the case - marking approval on the file (not in the system yet)
3. Case moves to Dataentry/mailroom where the notice are printed and put into envelope and physically posted

AVM gets update at step# 3. This is considered the final approval/

There can be considerable time-lag between step# 2 and Step #3. This is the reason that people hear from IIO that their case is near completion (assigned to officer), but receive their approval after a long time.

A similar process is followed for RFE. Hence IIO may tell you that RFE was generated, but not printed.

BTW, IIOs are cust svc rep. They are completely seperate from Adjudication officers. They can tell you only whats in the system. And they make lots of stories based on what they see in the system. They do not have a clear idea of what they are talking about.

Cincy485.:eek:

Sorry for the typo

Yes it is Aug 19th. My lawyer has not got the official copy yeat so I'm going to try on Monday with the courtesy copy. Going by the experience of guys on the board, the courtesy copy should be enough.

Anybody with passport stamping experience in Boston?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please tell us the post mark date on your envelope? My approval date was 8/16 but I still haven't received the notice.

Congratulations on your approval!

v_a_rao

I will post it in the evening when I get home

You should get yrs today or Monday. I think they mail it the day they update the AVM when did you hear yrs. My lawyer has not got his copy yet. Plus I am closer to Vermont. :)

Envelope was postmarked Aug 21st

So my theory that they update AVM the day goes for the toss as I heard the AVM on the 19th itself for AD 19th. Maybe it is the day they stuff the envelopes and then it takes 2 more days to reach the post office.

Got AD copy for AD8/19???

RD7/19/01 and AD 8/19/02 with lots of problem.
I got CC in mail , I have couple of questions:
1) Can i get PP stamped based on CC?
2) Is wednesday is only day to get stamped?
3) If i go other day what will happen?
4) Do i need to carry Recipt notice of I-485 (which is not mentioned in Approval notice).
how is NJ INS exp???
Please post your exp.