Received Biometric Notice today

saras76

Banned
Guys and Gals,

I received a Bio notice for the 11th of March today. The notice was issued on the 13th of Feb. There have been no LUD changes on any of my apps. Anyway, atleast something is happening. Now if only the PD becomes current this year :)

regards,

saras76

Saras,
Congrats,

Let's see if you got the same email like hairyskull after the bio are taken.

Good Luck,

I received the same thing for March 9, I did my second FP in Fep 2005, I am wondering if they are just catching up because of system change, or because something is triggering the notice. FP from Feb 2005 has not expired yet

They are probably catching up

Guys and Gals,

I believe they are catching up with cases that have not had Bios done. My wife had her bio done in May 05 but I did not get anything at that time.

There are two ways of looking at this. One is that they are just sending out mass Bio notices to applicants. The other more optimistic view is that they forsee PDs moving into 02 ad beyond this year and are gathering all the relevant information on those PDs so that they can be approved when PDs do become current. Who knows whats really going on.

regards,

saras76

EB3 - India - PD 09/02 -TSC

ASC 2 FP done on 02/03/06 for two minor children(age 11 and 7)
ASC 2 FP done on 02/07/06 for myself and my wife

GCN

Hello everybody,

Me and my husband have appointment for biometrics code 3 March 1st. The notice was dated Feb 1. We had FP2 last year March 10. I don't know if this is catching up as you guys say, or something else.
Hope is my last resort.

Good Luck to all!

I too did biometrics Code 3 on Feb 2nd.
My FP got cleared with in 24 hours.

So far no LUD's changes. :confused:

I think all 2001 applicants are reaching thier destination with in few months :) :) after a lonnnnnng travel.

hope for the best. :)
---------------------------------
PD : OCT 2001 (EB3-India)
Labor : RD-08/2001 AD-11/2003
I140 : RD-02/2004 AD-02/2005
I485 : RD-11/2004 AD- ?????

AP1 : AD-01/2005
EAD1 : AD-12/2004
AP2 : AD-11/2005
EAD2 : AD-11/2005

FP :02/2005 (Code : 1)
FP :02/2006 (Code : 3)

My wife got biomatrics

My wife got biomatrics request to appear on 3/11/06. I am from India and my PD is 2004! I did not get for my biomatrics??

Not getting to excited ...

Guys and Gals,

Having been through a whole range of emotions in the past 4 years of this process I have learnt to react to notices in a neutral way. Some progress is better than no progress so I am a little relieved that I received a Biometric notice. My wife got her Code 1 FP done with me in Feb 05 and then she got a Biometric notice and got it done in March or April 05. For some reason, I never received a Bio notice. My file has been moved around local offices and it is a big relief to find that my file is actually in TSC and is in the system. For the longest time there was no trace of where my file actually was. Even if this is all part of an automated process, it is good news in my case because my case is finally in some sort of order.

At the same time, I am not to excited by this news. I am just hoping to get some resolution by summer. Lets see if that happens.

regards,

saras76

Last edited by a moderator:
I second on not getting excited. At one point I received a notice from INS to go to local office to get form I-89 done and get the green card. I went there only to hear that this must be a mistake, go home and wait another couple of years.
I'm giving them the last chance, I will sue 2 weeks after I get the 3rd FP done

Received Biometrics code 3

I have received Biometrics code3 notice yesterday.It is scheduled for 03/11. I am not sure it is good or bad. But my case been stuck in the "name check" black hole. Unless a miracle happens, there is no hope.
Share your thoughts.

How Do you know it stuck in NameCheck?

retrohatao said:
I have received Biometrics code3 notice yesterday.It is scheduled for 03/11. I am not sure it is good or bad. But my case been stuck in the "name check" black hole. Unless a miracle happens, there is no hope.
Share your thoughts.

Hello retrohatao,

How to know if the case is stuck in NameCheck? I have done my 3rd FP on 2/14 and have no clue what'z going on with my Name Check. Any tips.

Thanks

The dreaded "Name Check" ...

BanglaBabu said:
Hello retrohatao,

How to know if the case is stuck in NameCheck? I have done my 3rd FP on 2/14 and have no clue what'z going on with my Name Check. Any tips.

Thanks

BanglaBabu,

For the longest time, I have had my doubts about my "Name Check" status. I have tried to find out but have had no luck. At first my RD/ND was not current with TSC processing times so they would respond to every query by stating that my RD/ND was not current and that I should call them when the date moved 30 days past my RD. When my RD did become current, the PDs retrogressed. Now if I call them, they will inform me that visas are not available. Bascially we are in a dilemma and there is no perfect way of finding out. You can call and try to ask, you can try and get your lawyer to get an update. The FBI has stopped responding to emails like they used to.

I would think that with the lack of 485 being filed for the past 6-7 months, the FBI would have completed the backlogs by now. My biggest fear is that my PD becomes current and then I am told that my "Name Check" is pending. I would seriously consider suing them at that point.

regards,

saras76

Banagalbabu,
My case was current before the retrogression hit. SO I had my lawyer call USCIS to find out the status. I got a letter from uscis that mine got stuck with security clearance ( NC). BTW time I had contacted congressman to pursue, it was too late and the retrogression already hit. So the congressman's office when contacted USCIS they got the std reply that wait till visa numbers are available.
my congressman would not even try to contact FBI to find out
if my security clearance cleared or not. I told them several \
times that they needed to contact FBI not USCIS. I can push
the envolope to the limit though. The senators I have contacted
one took the case, other senator's office would always put me to
dumb answering machine.

I wish what Sara says is true and FBI cleaned up the house. But
I doubt, Because I called the FBI and the person who took the call
talked for a while mentioned that still lots of backlog pending.
May be she has a standard answer too. NO.. FBI does not provide any
updates.

Whenever I call USCIS ( follow POJ trick), the rep says that my case is pendinging for
visa availability. When I ask them to find out if my security clearance
cleared, they would pause for a while ( probably checking further) then
tell that it is not yet cleared.
So it is utterly hopeless situation we are all in.

I exactly had the same experience as retrohatao. I called when my RD passed the TSC processing Date, just before retrogression hit. Only difference is that my wife's Namecheck got cleared at that time but not mine. To add to the misery, some where in this forum I read that, the NameCheck clearance is valid only for about 6 months. This whole deal seems like a never ending cycle.

I also received my 2nd Biometrics apppointment for 03/07/06. First FP(Code 3) was done on 03/12/05.

At this point of time I am glad, TSC knows that I exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold the back-flips!

Fellow Travellers / Seekers / Movers / Shakers,

Hold that back-flip .. while you may be luckier than I am etc. etc. etc. and this is not meant to dampen your excitement, I just want to tamper that with a dose
of reality in my case - our Bio Metrics was done in June 2005. Our lawyer said - yes, something is happening. Then we got side-swiped by Retrogression on October 1st - got revived again on February 1 - the PD became current again - but so far, there is ZERO / ZILCH / NADA / SHUNYA / NULL movement anywhere.

I do hope your mileage is better than mine, but please keep in mind that it is not over until it is over - don't buy that vacation home yet! :D

Hi Saras76 !!!

I did my first FP 1 on 10/04 , after that i applied 2 more times for EAD , no FP since than , last EAD request on 01/06 !!! How long to get the FP 2 , since , i think , the first FP is expired ???? About the 485 is useless to ask anybody !!!!

EB 3 PD 10/01
140 AD 06/03
485 RD 01/04
EAD 1 Aproved
FP 1 11/04
485 TRX MIA 02/05
EAD 2 Apoved
EAD 3 AD ????
485 AD ???? :confused: