Received approval notices in the mail...Sid522

Sid522

Registered Users (C)
We just received our approval notices in the mail. So our approval is now final. One quick question, the notices say that we have to go to the LA location for our PP stamping, can we go to another location (eg. Santa Ana) instead, as it is a heck of a lot closer?

Thanks in advance for your answer guys!! Good luck to everyone...

Sid

Thanks GreenDesi...a few more quick questions

Do you know where their (INS PP stamping) office is in Santa Ana (i.e. their address)?

Also can we take the courtesy copies of the Approval Notices or do we have to take the originals that were sent to our Attorney? (bcos the approval notice does mention that -

"This courtesy copy may not be used in lieu of official notification to demonstrate the filing or processing action taken on this case"

Finally, they ask to bring along the Arrival/Dep record AND Form I-94, so is the A/D record the white slip attached to my passport showing information about the last time I entered the US? and is the I-94 form the little slip attached at the bottom of my last visa (i.e. the H1)?

Thanks in advance...

Sid

The I-94 is the white card attached to the passport.

However if you have changed H1 or applied for extension then the new I-94 attached to the H1 is the one required. Take photocopies of all documents that you feel will not be returned to you

ie I-94,
AP
EAD
H1 notices
Approval notice

carry courtesy copy - that is the correct copy

Yes You can go to Santa Ana office

Have fun and call us also for your party (Kaju feni etc etc)

Here is the link for more details
amburan "Stamping Experience @ Santa Ana." 2/11/02 2:45pm

rsrgc...Thanks for responding...

The info (and link) will definitely help. write to me (kurkanjali@yahoo.com) where u live/yr contact info and I will b happy to call u for my party (which is going to last the whole week long!!! He He He

:)) Would definitely love to meet you (which is very possible if you live somewhere in Southern CA). Write and let me know....

Where Are We? Santa Ana Sub Office Location: Street Address: 34 Civic Center Plaza
Federal Building
Santa Ana, CA. 92701
Office hours: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. On Thursday, the office is open from 7:00AM to 12:00 Noon.
Mailing Address: U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service
34 Civic Center Plaza
Room 520
Santa Ana, CA 92701
How to Find Us: We are located in the Federal Building at Civic Center Plaza
Map Directions: By Bus:
The regional bus terminal is located at the corner of Ross and Santa Ana Boulevard, one block from the Federal Building where the Santa Ana Office is located. The terminal connects with the Amtrak/Metro terminal in Santa Ana.
By Car:
From Los Angeles: I-5 South to Main Street exit in Santa Ana, turn right. Go West on Main St. to Santa Ana Boulevard. (about 2 miles from I-5); turn right on Santa Ana Blvd. Go north on Santa Ana Boulevard to 34 Civic Center Plaza. We are located on the right hand side of the street.
From South Orange County: I-5 to Main St./Broadway Exit; go West on Main St. to Santa Ana Boulevard; turn right on Santa Ana Boulevard to 34 Civic Center Plaza.
Parking:
There is 2 hour parking free of charge located across the street from the building for all visitors visiting the Federal Building. Parking for the physically challenged is also available at the Federal parking lot.
Additional paid public parking is available adjacent to the Office. INS does not validate parking.
Accessibility for Individuals with Special Needs:
If you have a disability and need assistance to access this office, please notify the office so that we can attempt to provide the appropriate accommodation.