Received Approval Notice I130 - Sibling Question

abcunha

Registered Users (C)
I filed petition for my sibling in 2006. Couple of months back, I received I-797 (Approval Notice). It stats that: "The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC) etc…."
For a second I got hopeful about them getting opportunity come to USA but then I realize that current priority date is October 98 for sibling category.
I asked a person who filed petition for sibling same time as me but they have not received notice such as this.

Is it normal to receive this letter or should I be optimistic about it?

Question for you, since you filed I-130 for you sibling, did you receive anything?
Notice of action or any kind of letter?

Yes, I filed petition for my sibling and I am the one who received I-797 Notice of Action later in notice says "Notice Type: Approval Notice."

You saying received notice of action in 2006 after you filed
And you received Approval notice in 2009?

I just filed for my brother (in my signature) so i like to have some idea of how the paper goes.

After filing I130 in June 2006, Within a month, I received "Receipt Notice".
And now I received "Approval Notice".
I have heard that you receive "Approval Notice" only when priority date comes.
You should expect to receive your "Receipt Notice" for you brother in next couple of week.

Form I-130 question

Guys,

I am planning to sponsor my brother who is back in India and was going through the requirements on the form I-130. I am not sure if we need to provide the asked for statement (mentioned below), if so, how do I go about it? please advise.

Requirement on Form I-130: An original statement from a U.S. Consular officer verifying that you are U.S. citizen with a valid passport.

After filing I130 in June 2006, Within a month, I received "Receipt Notice".
And now I received "Approval Notice".
I have heard that you receive "Approval Notice" only when priority date comes.
You should expect to receive your "Receipt Notice" for you brother in next couple of week.

We received it like 2 years after submitted. And like 4 years before my PD becomes current.

Guys,

I am planning to sponsor my brother who is back in India and was going through the requirements on the form I-130. I am not sure if we need to provide the asked for statement (mentioned below), if so, how do I go about it? please advise.

Requirement on Form I-130: An original statement from a U.S. Consular officer verifying that you are U.S. citizen with a valid passport.

Just submit copy of your US passport and/or certificate with the petition.

We received it like 2 years after submitted. And like 4 years before my PD becomes current.
Hi "kittenKat", Still that was quick for your sibling. Did it happen recently?

Generally it takes 10 years before sibling can come to US. So I would be happy if they get their chance in next 4 years.

Thanks KittenKat

So its going to be the Petition (form I-130), Money Order, Birth Certificates (for me and my brother) and citizenship documents. Is that it? or is there anything else?

Also appreciate if you can answer whats next after the submission?

Regards

Hi "kittenKat", Still that was quick for your sibling. Did it happen recently?

Generally it takes 10 years before sibling can come to US. So I would be happy if they get their chance in next 4 years.

No, no it's not for sibling. :) It's for FB1.

So its going to be the Petition (form I-130), Money Order, Birth Certificates (for me and my brother) and citizenship documents. Is that it? or is there anything else?

Also appreciate if you can answer whats next after the submission?

Regards

I believe also I-864 with all docs (tax, paystubs) - that you have enough money to sponsor him. We certainly submit that too (it was while though).

I only submit I-130 form for my brother doing consular processing. The I-864 will come in action when his priority date is current. The oversea embassy will instruct him what to do next.

Question

I only submit I-130 form for my brother doing consular processing. The I-864 will come in action when his priority date is current. The oversea embassy will instruct him what to do next.

Baraider, can you explain what do you mean by consular processing? is that something we need to specify? or this is a normal procedure that the petition gets transferred to the local consular office in India?

Also, if I were to support them at a later stage, can the affidavit of support be added then or it needs to go with the petition?

Please share all the information that you have.

Regards

http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1347592&postcount=3

Sibling waiting time is 11 years so it doesn't make sense to send in the I-864 now. A alot of thing changes in 11 years.
Consular processing means your siblings are living oversea and the oversea embassy will follow up once the I-130 approved and the priority date is current.
You can only change status while in the US for immediate relatives (parents, spouse). You can't do it for siblings.

Thanks Baraider & KittenKat

Thanks guys for your feedback, its been of great help!

Another question: Please share light if you have any information. My brothers son is about 11 years old now. While their (brothers family) application is in process, can he come here as a student? what are the implications here, if any?