Received Appointment Letter for EAD from Local Office

kshashikanth

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday evening I have received appointment letter from local office for March 11th 2005 at 12:30 pm, it says ASK FOR Immigration Information Officer’, REASON FOR APPOINTMENT Application for Employment Authorization ONLY!!
I asked my attorney she said they are calling you to local office because your file is at local office and the procedures are different from Service centers.
Anybody in same situation or experienced same thing please let me know …..

Hi there - I am in exact situation. My interview is on Monday the 7th actually. My lawyer said exactly what your said, plus she explained that it's a biometrics appt. Meaning they'll take your picture. Doesn't sound too scary.

Where did you guys apply for renewal of EAD.
And how much time before it expired??
thanks

Hi Friends,
I also received the same letter for EAD Interview. We received it for both of us me and my wife, did you all receive for both I mean you and your partner. Can you please share your interview experiences, I will do same when I am done

kshashikanth said:
Thank you InfoReq.......yes we both received letters .....I will let you know after the interview......

Hi Kshashikanth,
Thanks for your reponse. My interview date is 12th March. Just a quick question to you, did you receive this letter for you and your spouse and secondly did they ask you for all the document.
As for us, it is for me and my spouse and they have asked for list of documents like all Immigration Application and Approvals, and again personal documents like Marriage Certificate and all.
And again thanks in advance for all your response.
Thanks & Regards
InfoReq :)
TD: Dec 30 2004

Sorry guys for replaying late ……
As you know I had interview for EAD on Friday March 11, 2005 , it was very simple my appointment was at 12:30 pm , Me and My spouse went to local office are 12:00 pm they called around 1:05 pm our name and also they called some other people we were ten people , officer took us in one room where they took our photo and finger print (right point finger ) and they issued our renew EAD card on the spot. That’s it…….
There is no way where I can enquiry about my pending I 485 application.

To Shashikanth:

Shashikanth:
Do we need to take the EVL for EAD interview or any other doc's.
Did immigration officer asked for any doc's ??????
I have applied for EAD renewal and waiting for interview.
Pls let us know.

lx_kumar said:
Shashikanth:
Do we need to take the EVL for EAD interview or any other doc's.
Did immigration officer asked for any doc's ??????
I have applied for EAD renewal and waiting for interview.
Pls let us know.
Nothing just the interview letter and DL(or ID) you won't meet any officer .....it will happen within 10 min only waiting time .........

EAD Interview Experience

Hi Friends,
We had our EAD interview on 16th March 2005 at 8:30AM. The interveiw letter we received was for me and my spouse, specified to get copies of all the documents like Immigration Application, Approval Notices and personal details like Marriage Certificate and all.
We reached their at 8:00AM, showed our DL while entering the room, got our Case No at first window and were asked to wait on other side where EAD interviews were conducted on different windows. Our no. was called, where the lady took our Interview letter and asked us to wait for our no. to be called again. We were being called after while where Interview officer asked us for passport he wrote some thing on paper and to our surprise that's it, no other document was asked, he said both the EAD's are approved. We will be called for Finger print and Photo and will get our EAD immediately.
Overall it took less than 2 hours for whole process.
To be frank it was easy for us, but again it depends on the officer also, as there was one more couple besides us they were being asked to show all the documents specified and the lady officer said she has to verify something and she went inside. Later I don't know what exactly happened. The best thing is to remain cool, carry all the document specified in the interview letter.
Just thought of posting the entire experience probably might help someone next to get relieved of the tension. Hope this help.
Thanks to all for support :).
Hope and wish we all get thru the next process of I485 Interview in same way :). Best of Luck to all.

How many days to get Appointment Letter for EAD ???

InfoReq:
How many days will it take normally to get appt letter for EAD.
I have applied for 2 nd EAD Renewal on Mar 16 (Attorney posted) and my first EAD expires on Jun 13 05.
Do you think will i get appt letter before Jun 13 05 ?????

I really apriciate if you can post your RD/ND for EAD renewal.

Thnaks

Details of EAD interview

Hi lx_kumar,
Below are the indetail date of how it went with me. I hope that will help.
1/19 Applied to Nebraska for EAD Renewal
2/22 EAD transfered to Local Office NJ
3/5 Received letter for EAD Interview
3/16 Interview Date

The process totally depends on when or if you get EAD transfer letter, I guess once you get transfer letter, things move fast and smoothly. But it is not compulsory that all of them get Interview for their EAD. U might get it without too. I hope this helps.

If I am not mistaken, U said your I485 interview is already over, that sounds great. How was it, Can you please post your experience.

Thanks & Regards
InfoReq

Interview exp

Hi InfoReq:

We had our 485 interview on 11th Jan 2005 at 9:30AM. The interveiw letter we received was for me and my spouse some time dec 1 week.
Below are the docs we should get for interview.
1.Interview letter, all passports,I-94,Birth certificates ad photo ID
2.Form 693 (if not previously submitted)
3.EVL
4.Petioner(family based)
5.Lease,mortgage(Family based)
6.I-864,last 3 income tax returns and w-2 forms of sponser and cosponser.
Went to uscis office at 8.45 AM and dropprd intrview letters at door (security guy asked to go to door no 2 or 3)
Attorney arrived at 9.25 AM
The immigration officer called us at 9.35.
Index finger print and oath complete and took us to his office room.
By the time we are in his office,he had my 485 application on his desk and asked couple of routine questions like when you came to US,what status and verified present home address.
Then he asked me EVL and made sure i am still working for same company.
Then asked for Birth cerificates of my self and spouse (we had the affidavit of support).
Asked about how many children I have and asked for their BC.(I think attorney did not send their BC since they are born in US)
Asked for w-2 of last three years,i had w-2 for 2001,2002,2003 and I gave last 4 pay stubs for 2004 and explained that I did not have for 2004.And he was ok with that.Attorney was talking about sports in between with immi officer.
At last the officer told he is approving 485 application for me and spouse and he also said he is not in a position to stamp passport because 140 is still pending at TSC and my name check is not complete.Spouse name check is complete but she is dependent on me so she has to wait till primary appli is approved.
Attoney and immi offi were talking about why TSC transfers 485 to DDO with out 140 approved.What i understood from their discussion its a back log reduction at TSC.
So immi off asked me to wait till I get 140 approved.
So waiting is going on and hope 140 get approved sooner.
My employer made enquiry on 140 which is at TSC,the supervisor told us that DDO has requested 140 application and now i think they will transfer to DDO.This happened on MAR 01 05,Till now now no update or trans letter from TSC.
Now my question is,can 140 be processed at DDO ????
I never heard about 140 processing at DDO.
Attoney made staus enquiry to TSC on mar 17 05,wait for 30 days and we will see what can be done next.???
I am getting more frustated with USCIS about 140 and I am not sure how long I need to wait.
Pls let me know what can I do to speed up the 140 application.

Just thought of posting the entire experience probably might help someone next to get relieved of the tension. Hope this help.
Thanks to all for support :).
Hope and wish all get thru the next process of I485 Interview in same way :). Best of Luck to all.

thanks