Received a travel document recently?? Please post info for the rest! Thanks

hatari999

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone-
Sorry to beat this issue to death but it seems that they have stopped processing I-131 (travel document) all together in the last month or so. So my request to everyone is this: If you have recieved a travel document in the past month, please post your information such as when USCIS recieved your application and the date when you recieved the document. Thanks for your help and giving the rest of us who are waiting hope that they are indeed processing these applications
Thanks again! Good luck to everyone.

RD:8/11/2003
I-131: 4/2/2004 which I received and still to my astonishment they had me as an ASYLEE still when in fact I was processed as a PR on 11/16/2003

I have the same situation, they issued the travel document last month, I have applied last november.

It is odd that USCIS takes more than 1 year to process re-entry permits for permanent residents but issues travel documents to asylees/refugees in a matter of months. Both these documents require the same application, I-131.

Last edited by a moderator:
sea_blue-

Do you mean that you already recieved your travel document? What were the exact dates (when it was approved and the date in November when you applied). Thanks very much.

TYPE OF CASE: I-131 Refugee Travel Document
USCIS RECEIVED DATE: March 22, 2004
USCIS NOTICE DATE: March 22, 2004
SERVICE CENTER: Nebraska Service Center
RECEIPT NUMBERS: LIN-04-121-xxxxx

It was approved on 4/5/2004, and received on 4/12/2004.

The company hired a law firm to file the application. It is business travel.

hatari999 said:
sea_blue-

Do you mean that you already recieved your travel document? What were the exact dates (when it was approved and the date in November when you applied). Thanks very much.

Yes, I did received the travel document. The color is different from the old one, it is green color. I applied at the beginning of November (sorry forgot the exact dates, need to check the receipt). I got it about a month ago.

Sea_Blue-
Sorry man but if you can find the exact dates, that would be very helpful. The current processing date is November 5 and I just want to see whether they approved anything recieved after that day. So if you could check that for me mate, that would be great! Thanks again for giving me some hope...

Received RTD after 2 months wait

Applied for RTD on March 1st, and my request was approved on May 4. I received the document on May 8.
I filed the application by myself. Cheers

alanpero2 said:
Applied for RTD on March 1st, and my request was approved on May 4. I received the document on May 8.
I filed the application by myself. Cheers

Alanpero2 , Any special rush request?
The date is Nov5/04, how come you got it applying on March 1st? Is it 2004?

Thanks

No special rush request. I was not expecting to receive the document two months after applying for it. The real fact is that I have the document in my hands. Cheers

Flashington said:
Alanpero2 , Any special rush request?
The date is Nov5/04, how come you got it applying on March 1st? Is it 2004?

Thanks

This just goes to show that the USCIS works in mysterious ways. Even after three rush requests, one included with the application and two others sent to the Director of the NSC, still nothing. I have no choice but to wait and hope they start processing RTD applications soon.

Got RTD

All,

Just wanted to post my RTD timeline to let you know the date is slowly inching forward.

RTD Reciept Date: November 20th, 2003
RTD Mailed: May 14th, 2004

I know its been put into the post, but when I shall actually have it in my hands is a different story all together. :) Usually it takes less than a week.

Goodluck for those of you waiting. I hope you get it soon, and that they go back to the good old days of 30-60 timeframe for RTD processing. Wishful thinking? I think so!