Received 2nd FP notice

Gonecase

Registered Users (C)
Finally, I received the 2nd FP notice today. The scheduled date is 8/20 in Philly. Has anyone been FPed at the Philly FP center before the schedule date. Thanks.

RD 12/26/01
FP1 3/30/02
RFE Issued 6/9/03
RFE Reply Recd 6/25/03
FP2 8/20/03
AD ???

Lifer,
Friend did early FP in Newark 2 weeks back..!
Dont Mention ur coming early...just give the notice and u wud be allowed, if things go well..
good luck

Hi
Did your lawyer received 2nd finger print notice or was it sent only to you.
Thanks

2nd FP

For what is worth, both my lawyer and myself received the FP notice by mail on same day - the appointment was for Aug 14th but I went the next day to the NY City center in Varick Street. Never mentioned I was early gave the notice and was done in 30 minutes, I was basically the only one there (I went around noon which might explain why, first appointment in march 2002 I went at 9 am and it was much busier).

Good luck to All
;)

Are you guys paying any fees for 2nd FP?

My 1st FP expired on June 14th and haven't rcvd 2nd FP notice. Did you lawyer pay any such fee?

Originally posted by Gonecase
Finally, I received the 2nd FP notice today. The scheduled date is 8/20 in Philly. Has anyone been FPed at the Philly FP center before the schedule date. Thanks.

RD 12/26/01
FP1 3/30/02
RFE Issued 6/9/03
RFE Reply Recd 6/25/03
FP2 8/20/03
AD ???

Hi Gonecase,,,Does AVM gets updated when they issue FP notice?

online will not get updated for FP notice, unfortunately. So seems still lots of ppl
waiting for 2nd FP notice.

and why all of us are Marcr/14 first fp date?

The online message has not been updated. I called the paralegal yesterday to let him know that I received the notice. I did'nt bother to ask him if he received it. He told me I can try to go early. But he wanted a copy of the receipt showing when the FPing was done.

I did my early 2nd FP at Philly. Actual schedule was 05-Aug. I gave my FP on 15-July. And your lawyer will also receive the 2nd Finger print notice.
If you are not aware, Philly office is closed on Mondays.

MuraliMM

Is the Philly FP center open from 8 to 4 Tuesday through Saturday? Also did they object to you going early. Thanks in advance.

2nd fingerprint

mariosegal

Thanks to share the information, may I ask if your 2nd FP update information appeared in BCIS online checking?

not yet, but I went yesterday (7/24/03), last time it took either 3 or 7 days to update the phone system. Also the online system never said a FP notice was sent, so I am not sure it will change message it has now that says they received response to RFE

VSC is so stupid, they should send 2nd notice along with RFE not wait RFE come back to issue 2nd FP. so stupid!

disagree

I do not agree with you, after all it costs money to do FPs and why ask for them if they are not needed. any extra money spend means less o/t or less people adjudicating cases and that hurts us all

In my case, it took my company 4 weeks to respond to RFE, but they could have responded in 2 days - how will BCIS know when one will respond and therefore if FPs would expire?

Also, the response to RFE could have meant the case was not valid anymore and it will be denied, in this case why do 2FP at all?

Don't get me wrong, I want the GC very badly and it is tough to wait over 18m to get it once the labor department agreed that you indeed add value to country and are needed as a worker, AOS should be a mere tramit not an ordeal like it is. But I do understand why things happen in what appears like a stupid order.

I read the 2FP as very positive, I fully expect to get an approval in a few weeks, as I believe the case is being looked at and there ar no more obstacles to adjusdication.

by the way, before 9/11 it only took about 9m from FP to adjudication, but after that they changed the rules in terms of backgrounnd checks and had to do systems work to enable the new rules, so that really is why so many people now are getting 2FP notices.

Hang in there, it will come soon for all of us

Yes, Philly center is open Tue-Sat, 8am-4pm.
They did not object to take the FP early. After receiving the application for FP, I told to the lady that we are in advance for the FP, she told that's fine. Even I gave my 1st FP also in advance. So I believe there should not be any problem in your case. Good Luck!