Receipt With Exception

nebulous

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I mailed my N-400 to Nebraska Service Center on Nov 9. It was received by NSC on Nov 10 and I was mailed a receipt with a Priority Date of Nov 10, 2005. But the receipt says some evidence was missing and they noted the receipt as

"Receipt With Exception".

I did send the standard evidence, copy of Permanent Resident Card, Two Photographs and a Check for $ 400.00 (App Fee and Fingerprinting Fee).

I am an Employment based Permanent Resident for Five years with just three trips outside US totalling 52 days. Employed all the time. Only exception is the traffic violations. I had three traffic violations which I listed on the form.

Two of them are within the last six months, but they have been dismissed. And I said so on the form.

Did I need to attach copies of the dismissals of the traffic tickets also with the application?

Th Receipt asked me not to mail any evidence, but just bring it to the interview. It also said that a seperate notice would be mailed out with the evidence that needs to be taken to the interview.

Any one in the same boat?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Nebulous.

--------------------------

N-400 Mailed : Nov 9, 2005.
N-400 Received : Nov 10, 2005.
Priority Date: Nov 10, 2005.

nebulous said:
Did I need to attach copies of the dismissals of the traffic tickets also with the application?

Th Receipt asked me not to mail any evidence, but just bring it to the interview. It also said that a seperate notice would be mailed out with the evidence that needs to be taken to the interview.

That may be the reason for the receipt with exceptions notice. Just take the ticket disposition information to the interview and the adjudicating officer will add it to your file.

Good luck!

Hi All,
Do we have to inform about the speeding tickets ? I didn't write about them in my application form.I am worried now.Any suggestions ? Thx.

I just looked at my receipt and, alas, I have the same statement - missing evidences. I did have a traffic ticket and I paid the fine. I just mailed the check and that's it. Nobody sent me any kind of receipt saying that "I paid the fine". All I have now is a copy of the cashed check (a copy of which I did send with my application). What is your advice? is it going to be enough for the interview?