Receipt undeliverable

dpyara

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My attorney filed for I-140/I-1485 (TSC) on March 17th. I received the receipts for 485 and also my EAD and AP. For the past six months I was trying to get I-140 receipt number from the attorney and he kept on telling me that he is looking into it. Yesterday he gave me the receipt number and the online status is as follows :

Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on April 3, 2003. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Would like to know if I-140 is being processed or is it on hold till we reply to this message.

Thanks

For the past six months I was trying to get I-140 receipt number from the attorney and he kept on telling me that he is looking into it. Yesterday he gave me the receipt number and the online status is as follows :

Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on April 3, 2003. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

----- I suspect your Lawyer or employer changed the address after filing I-140 so it went back to BCIS service center, It may be I-140 approval, you have to ask your lawyer and employer to update the address with BCIS and National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283, you cant do it as I-140 is employer petition and you are only beneficiary. Did you check on the I-140 filing receipt that lawyer gave you your name as beneficiary in right side column?

Would like to know if I-140 is being processed or is it on hold till we reply to this message.
-- it may be approved and may be RFE, may be being processed nobody can be100% sure once I-140 is filed your lawyer received Receipt and next is approval notice or RFE, ask the lawyer and employer to update BCIS service center and NCSC if they changed the address after I-140 filing, if not then they should speak to NCSC with receipt# and employer name

Hello,

I would not worry unduly.

Last year the same thing happened to me in that the initial address was slightly wrong for my I-140, so the initial receipt could not be delivered.

Then we called BCIS and updated the address. However the people at BCIS told me that they did not resend the I-140 receipts.

The status did not change online until the I-140 was approved.

Do you know if your lawyer knows the receipt number from actually receiving a duplicate copy of the receipt (which I doubt) or from the back of his check ? I suspect the latter.

For sure, for me this did not cause any issues and I did get approved.

Good Luck

Thankyou for the reply.

My attorney has told that he will call BCIS and give a change of address. I have received the receipt number and am hoping that the online message will change.

Thanks

Hello,

well that sounds positive enough.

Don't worry if the online status does not get updated, as I said for me it did not, but the end result was all good.

Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator: