Receipt number

jattindc1

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks , please post if anyone knows how to find the receipt number from the check. I applied at Vermont Service Center
Thanks

jattindc1 said:
Hi folks , please post if anyone knows how to find the receipt number from the check. I applied at Vermont Service Center
Thanks

it was handwritten on the front of my check (between my name on the top left and the date on the top right). it may be somewhat illegible for some. the best way is when you receive your NOA (Notice of Action) letter stating that they've received your application. the receipt number is there as well. hope that helps.

Receipt

Recept

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gurus my status does not show on line and I did not receive the receipt notice yet.
Application sent on 11/21/2005
Application received on 11/22/2005
Cheque Cashed 11/30/2005
Talked to the Officer and he gave me the receipt number on 12/01/2005.
Please comment

jattindc1 said:
Recept

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gurus my status does not show on line and I did not receive the receipt notice yet.
Application sent on 11/21/2005
Application received on 11/22/2005
Cheque Cashed 11/30/2005
Talked to the Officer and he gave me the receipt number on 12/01/2005.
Please comment

I was in the same boat. Since you can't check your status online, I assume your
receipt has still not been mailed to you. Typically, in my case it took like 4 weeks
to receive the notice once I send in the application. Once you are able to see you status online, you should get the receipt typically within 3-5 days of that.

I was worried too since my spouse got the receipt and fingerprint appt. in like 2 weeks but I didn't get any. I got my receipt and my still waiting for my fingerprint appt. while she is already done with her FP. This is inspite of the fact that both of us send in our applications in the same envelope...

Hang in there...

jattindc1:

How did you "talked to the Officer" and he gave me the receipt number?
Did you call the NSC? or make Infopass appointment?

I call the NSC, it was easy and the officer was very nice and i discussed with him I made a mistake so he fixed it and that was it.

o..interesting, you mean you asked them to correct your n400 application
(wrong A# number as you asked before)?
and they also tell you the case number after that?

I also made some mistake on my N400 application, but when I called NSC, I was basically told they cannot change that information.

Actually when I told officer why I called he asked for my wrong A# and the correct oneto check in the system and told me it's been already fixed ,moreover they have the copy of GC. Regarding Receipt he told me in particular that you can'nt view your status because receipt notice is not out officially (I'm talking about on 12/01/2005.)

ejb2k
Your and mine resident since date is almost same I mean only 1 day differnceplease can you post your Service center and DO and what about your receipt notice,please update.
Thanks

jatti,

I just called NSC try to find out my receipt number, but the CSR told me
she can't lookup the receipt number by the A# number. Wondering how this
has worked for you, magic? :confused:

May be you talked to the customer service Rep , they don't have access to your A # but officer can look your file and my receipt # is matching with the numbers on the check(Hand written) Try to talk to Officer.BTW you sent the fees by check or money order.
Good Luck

O..yeah that maybe the reason, thanks for the quick reply:) did u check the forum every 10 min?

I can view the deposited check online but could not find anything match the receipt number format:-(