Receipt number not found online

prman

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for AP for our family, first got all the receipts in hand, later got approved AP in hand (Me and Son), I did not get my wife AP yet. When I see the Receipt number online, I dont find it.

What could be the reason?
What should I do?

Thanks

I was in similar mode not exactly same.

My AP came thru, my wife's did not. Both applied at the same time. Although, her receipt number came up online but with pending status.

I followed up multiple times, but they asked me to wait for 4 weeks.

Later I called up the Senator's office representing my locality provided them with Receipt Number. Within a week I had the AP for my wife.

The online status is still showing as pending.

Now the timing of the 4 week wait and I calling the Senator's office was around the same time. So I do not know the magic behind but something worked.

Thanks

I was in similar mode not exactly same.

My AP came thru, my wife's did not. Both applied at the same time. Although, her receipt number came up online but with pending status.

I followed up multiple times, but they asked me to wait for 4 weeks.

Later I called up the Senator's office representing my locality provided them with Receipt Number. Within a week I had the AP for my wife.

The online status is still showing as pending.

Now the timing of the 4 week wait and I calling the Senator's office was around the same time. So I do not know the magic behind but something worked.

Thanks! I will try to follow up with USCIS, It's been 4 weeks now that I applied.

I have to say that the USCIS web site is not telling you the latest information at least when you try to track a receipt of an application which you already filed.

I have done the same thing to track my applications and every time the web site says: it can't find my receipt number and the application does not exist. I don't think they synch their systems on a timely fashion.

Your best bet to know if your application is going through is to have an infopass appointment at your local USCIS center and ask them...