Receipt notice is not received yet from NSC!

Ravinka

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

Please help me.. I am in H4 visa, going to do AOS by employment based. (EB3).My case was sent (I-140, I-485,765,AP altogether) to Nebraska service center on sep 15 2006. My attorney said they have not received the receipt notice yet. I am worrying more about this. Anyone who has applied at this time..please help me..

Thanks in advance...

Ravinka

Don't even bother to check on the status until 6 weeks. Mine and others on this forum toom 5 to 6 weeks.

Hi friends,

I received my receipt notice on oct 5 2006 which is filed concurrntly to NSC on sep 15 2006. :D. I have to appear for biometrics on oct 11.

Good luck for you guys.

Ravinka

Hi emcuse,

It seems it takes longer time. Check with your attorney. Did you file under schedule A?

Ravinka

Ravinka said:
Hi emcuse,

It seems it takes longer time. Check with your attorney. Did you file under schedule A?

Ravinka

yes, we filed under schedule A (NSC) and we just got the receipt notice yesterday oct 10. what is confusing to me now is that the receipt date is 9/05/06, notice date 10/02/06. i checked the case satus online and it says that the application was received on 9/30/06! have you encountered such situations? i wonder how my application will be affected by the newly issued visa bulletin. please advise...

Hi Emcuse,

Did you file concurrently (I 140,485,765,AP)? I don't know why it took long time for you to receive a receipt notice? Anyway have you received appointment for biometrics? My case number starts with SRC (it is in TSC). How abt yours? Mine is also under Schedule A. I think we will also affect by the visa bulletin. Pray for miracle to happen ( to be current)

Ravinka.

Ravinka said:
Hi Emcuse,

Did you file concurrently (I 140,485,765,AP)? I don't know why it took long time for you to receive a receipt notice? Anyway have you received appointment for biometrics? My case number starts with SRC (it is in TSC). How abt yours? Mine is also under Schedule A. I think we will also affect by the visa bulletin. Pray for miracle to happen ( to be current)

Ravinka.

RAvinka,

bcs ur case ended up in TSC u got ur receipt early. whereas if i8t stayed in NSC , it will take forever. TSC is much quicker than NSC nowadays. so u r lucky.

Ravinka said:
Hi Emcuse,

Ravinka.

ravinka,

seems like we are on the same boat here (i'm on h1b, but my husband is filing under schedule A, 140,485,765 filed concurrently), just that you are pretty luckier than i am because your case was transferred to TSC while my number starts with LIN. it took too long to get the receipt. did you get the biometrics appointment at the same time you got your receipt? i wonder when i should get my appointment letter. you're right, prayer will do miracles, lets cross our fingers and join in prayers. i guess the good thing here is that our 485s were received before the bulletin came out so we can expect an EAD in the near future. better than none, right? i dont intend to renew my H1b anymore and so i am counting on my EAD. anyone, please let me know if i have the wrong info.

thanks.

Hi emcuse,

Don't worry. you will get it soon. You said you are in H1B, are you in IT field? My husband is also in H1B in IT. I am in H4. We are filing AOS, I am the primary applicant and he is a dependant. Keep posted the status.

Ravinka

ravinka,

so did you get the receipt and appointment letter at the same time? i'm an H1b accountant and my husband (h4) is an RN, now the principal applicant. good luck to all of us!

Schedule A news

Hi,

I got this news from one of the members of this forum... :mad:

Earlier primarily registered nurses, physical therapists used to file their GC application under EB3. In May 205, US Govt. to ameliorate the shortage of nurses and physical therapists in the United States, granted 50,000 visa numbers exclusively for them and made a separate category called Schedule A. This was one time allotment.

Unlike other categories in the DOS Visa Bulletin, once the Schedule A numbers are all used, no more will be issued unless the law changes to increase the quota again.

If the Schedule A numbers are depleted, these cases will be charged against the regular employment-based, third preference quota (EB3 visa numbers), as they were before. If this happens, existing and future applications from primarily registered nurses and physical therapists will be considered under EB3.

References:

http://www.shusterman.com/siu.html#2

http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/090106_P.html (Predictions on Visa Availability for Nurses and Physical Therapists)

Ravinka

No receipt after 3 weeks

Applied concurrent [140/485/131/765] on Sept 25th and nothing! yet.

hi ravinka and the rest,

no FP notice nor EAD yet.. i'm still stuck in the receipt notices from Oct 11 (notice date Oct 5, receipt date sept 2) without any updates. really frustrating, but i'm trying hard to keep cool ;) , just waiting here.. will keep you posted whatever comes up. anyone with an update from NSC?

My case was filled on September 12 (I485, I140, EAD, AP) and I received the recipt the on Oct 15 and when i checket the status online it says received on Oct12. I have received only for I140 but for any other thing.

receipt notice not received after 5 weeks

I also applied (Schedule A, RN) concurrently [I-140/I-485/Travel document I-131/EAD I-765]. Documents were mailed on 14 Sep 2006 and nothing yet! Nebraska is having backlog obviously and they are slow.I talked to my attorney and he said it may take up to 7 weeks. Please share your experiences. THANKS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates...

Hi Emcuse,,,,

Any status change?

LAMAR9 said:
I also applied (Schedule A, RN) concurrently [I-140/I-485/Travel document I-131/EAD I-765]. Documents were mailed on 14 Sep 2006 and nothing yet! Nebraska is having backlog obviously and they are slow.I talked to my attorney and he said it may take up to 7 weeks. Please share your experiences. THANKS.