Receipt Notice for EAD

AwaitingEAD

Registered Users (C)
How long does it take to receive the receipt notice from INS for the EAD application? My application was mailed on 21st Dec and I haven\'t received the receipt notice yet? How can I check the status of the application without the receipt notice?

for awaitng ead

check with ur lawyer if ur md is on 21 dec then rd might be 26 decand nd might be 04 jan this is just a guess because i have seen all the applications mailed after 18 dec r with same rd and nd

Receipt notice will come to me or to my lawyer

Thanks for the info. I have one more question. The lawyer filed (EAD) the case on behalf of me. In that case, will I receive the receipt notice from INS or my lawyer will receive it?

Checked with my Lawyer

I checked with my lawyer about the receipt notice for my EAD application (MD Dec 21st) and he said he hasn\'t received the receipt notice yet and it may take 3-4weeks to receive the receipt notice. Has anyone had any delay like this? What is the normal time to get the receipt notice from INS? How can check the status of the application without the receipt notice? Please advice.

I guess it depends on the Service Centers

I filed my EAD on Jan 7th 02 and I got receipt notice on Jan 18th 02. I should mention that my I-485 was filed much earlier, and I filed the EAD using the I-485 receipt and my service center is TSC.

Hope this helps.