receipt and online processing times contradict?

boncorne

Registered Users (C)
I just don't know what to believe anymore. Filed for EAD (I-765) a month ago. The receipt received in the mail said proc. time is 21 days, if I don't hear from them within 30 call them.
When I check my status online, their database says proc. time is from 60-75 days. But then they say look for the more exact date on your receipt.
Anyway, it's been 30 days so I called. You know what the representative did? She just read the info to me again from online status and had nothing else to say. "There's nothing we can do, goodbye." What the hell is wrong with this system?
I'm planning to call tomorrow and hope to get a more competent fool on the line...

Why would you want an EAD in the first place? You do not have to have one. You have nothing to gain by getting one.

If you have such discretionary money to spend, send a check to the public debt office rather than the BCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright you two! I've had enough of your insults ;) Actually, I failed to mention two things for you smarty pants out there. FIRST: I have only a Recommended Approval and it doesn't look like I'm automatically elgibile to work. SECOND: I need it to get my real estate license. Oh and THIRD: My filing fee was waived, so technically I'm not sponsoring anyone just yet.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a different story. Yes you do need an EAD. The BCIS is infamous for messing around with the projected time frames. Not much you can do except wait.

Hope you will have final asylum approval soon.

Originally posted by boncorne
Alright you two! I've had enough of your insults ;) Actually, I failed to mention two things for you smarty pants out there. FIRST: I have only a Recommended Approval and it doesn't look like I'm automatically elgibile to work. SECOND: I need it to get my real estate license. Oh and THIRD: My filing fee was waived, so technically I'm not sponsoring anyone just yet.

Regards.

Ouch. Checked the status online today on this, it's been changed from 60-75 days to 75-90 days. This just makes me sick. Called againg to see what's going and was told to disregard the dates in the receipt because the website database is much more accurate. Does anybody know a good psychiatrist in San Francisco?

Ouch. Checked the status online today on this, it's been changed from 60-75 days to 75-90 days. This just makes me sick. Called againg to see what's going and was told to disregard the dates in the receipt because the website database is much more accurate. Does anybody know a good psychiatrist in San Francisco?

Do not be worry man ! I applyed a month ago too end my receipt was saying 150-180 days. I just checked out today and it says that I have got approved.
Whatever, if you are so in need just go and get interim EAD!!!
good luck

Congrats buddy! At least some one's getting some answers. That's good news, thank you. Yeh the lady mentioned the interim EAD but she said I can get it only after 90 days elapsed.
Well anyway, good to hear that things might look up sooner than expected.

Regards

Congrats buddy! At least some one's getting some answers. That's good news, thank you. Yeh the lady mentioned the interim EAD but she said I can get it only after 90 days elapsed.
Well anyway, good to hear that things might look up sooner than expected.

Regards

The lady doesn't know what she is talking about. For asylum cases is 30 days after!

Good luck