Recapture/reclaim about 45 days...

PradK

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Couple of years back, I left a Co, joined a new Co (accepted offer) and left for India. The new Co., applied H1 in premium processing right before I left and based on the approval, I got new visa and returned after about 45 days.

During this period technically I was not working for any Co., and not paid either. What are the chances to recapture this time? Would this be considered as a meaningful interruption in H1? I need this time badly, to become eligible for 7th year extension based on a pending LC.

Also, from your successful experiences, can any one please recommend an attorney for this, as clear documentation and supporting evidence seems to be critical in these cases.

Thanks much,
-Prad

I recently changed my job and joined my new company.In the process of applying for the H1 transfer the lawyers also went ahead and asked for the time I had spent out of US (be it personal stuff or business...does not matter)...luckily I did have all the boarding passes for all the trips...so they calculated the whole time and it came out to be 88 days.They applied to get that time back as well as the H1 tranfer and it was approved.So the H1 I have now is actually longer than 6 yrs.....from 1/31/2000 - 4/31/2006.
Hope that helps

PradK said:
Hi Guys,

Couple of years back, I left a Co, joined a new Co (accepted offer) and left for India. The new Co., applied H1 in premium processing right before I left and based on the approval, I got new visa and returned after about 45 days.

During this period technically I was not working for any Co., and not paid either. What are the chances to recapture this time? Would this be considered as a meaningful interruption in H1? I need this time badly, to become eligible for 7th year extension based on a pending LC.

Also, from your successful experiences, can any one please recommend an attorney for this, as clear documentation and supporting evidence seems to be critical in these cases.

Thanks much,
-Prad

Reclaim

Theys ure will give you irrecpective of the reason of your stay outside the country. That has been my experience try to get your stamps out of the country of all of your on your passport.