Reasons for problems after using AC21

Jeetu_recruiter

Registered Users (C)
So in short from what I am reading I gather that problems arise after using AC21 only if employer revokes I140. So if the employer does not revoke I140 at all then there are no issues, am I right on this?

Opinions are definitely invited and I strongly encourage people to share their experiences as this will be useful for a lot of us.

Assuming that the employer does not revoke I140 there are multiple scenarios that can occur

1. You send AC21 letter on switching companies

2. You do not send AC21 letter on switching at all

Jeetu_recruiter,

dont get confused and dont think too much.

it is always good to pro-actively send AC21 to USCIS, So that they will have your new job details on a file then USCIS revoke I-140 OR not??, if revoked you get rfe OR NOID then respond to that you will get approved if in a similar job description which is most important. some of the people didn't even get RFE after employer revokked I-140 bcos there AC21 got properly updated in USCIS.

There are lot of cases where people got NOID/Denial/RFE but finally got approved provided that they are working in a similar job description.

So in a world of retrogression and namecheck, AC21 is the only way for stucked I-485.

goodluck,
dice12

I am seeing a lot of people who have applied for AC21, but no one seem to have telling the addresses of the service center where we can mail these AC21 documents to. :(
I checked the USCIS website for NSC and I do see a lot of addresses with different zip code and PO box no for different type of forms, but there is nothing about the AC21.

Anybody mailed their AC21 documents to NSC? If so Please.. please.. let me know the address to which you sent the documents..

I have this address but dont know the PO box and zip code
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box (Insert Correct Box Number)
Lincoln, NE (Insert correct zip code)

I think we should get the addresses of all service centers to mail for AC21 and keep it on a topic.

When u r thinking to file AC21 first thing is you have to get all the documnets from the prev Employer...then you will be more safe.

HR0803

where you send I485 docs there only you have to send AC21 docs

search on websites for I485 OR I485 Form

goodluck,
dice12

Ok, at last got some answer.. Thank you very much.
I was not sure of this, and even I tried calling NSC customer service center. To my surprise, few of the immigration officers even did not even know what is AC21! I tried to explain then about the change of job and informing to uscis about the job change under the 21st century act bla bla bla...
They thought I am telling some stories and kept on redirecting to other immigraion officers... finally I had to hang up after some 15 - 20 minutes.

Its scary that even those people who work in the service center does not know about the laws. It makes more scary from other forums that for some of the people 485 got denied straight without even getting a NOID.
My other friend says that these service centers are just like our tasiltar/panchayat offices and no body works that actively. Also immigration stuff is the least priority thing for the government.
Having said that, we have to rely on our luck too sometimes as far as this AC21 is concerned.