Really Strange!!!! Please Help

endretro

Registered Users (C)
Brief Summary of the case:

June 2005: Filed I-140 and I-485 in June 2005 in VSC in EB2
February 2006: I-140 approved with prior priority date (from an EB3 i-140)
July 2006: I-485 transferred from VSC to NSC
January 2007: Response from NSC that I-485's pending for sec checks
March 2007: Response from FBI saying Name Check cleared for primary (no news of dependent Name Check)
April 10 2007: LUD and message change for Primary I-485 no changes for dependent I-485

The Current Status now says case has been sent to another office for processing (but the message has details of the July 2006 transfer from VSC to NSC, the date says on July 20,2006 they transferred to NSC)

****************************************************************************************************
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On July 20, 2006, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

****************************************************************************************************
Has anyone had any experience like this? Any suggestion as to what might be happening???

Name check

How did you got response from FBi for Namcheck?

Brief Summary of the case:

June 2005: Filed I-140 and I-485 in June 2005 in VSC in EB2
February 2006: I-140 approved with prior priority date (from an EB3 i-140)
July 2006: I-485 transferred from VSC to NSC
January 2007: Response from NSC that I-485's pending for sec checks
March 2007: Response from FBI saying Name Check cleared for primary (no news of dependent Name Check)
April 10 2007: LUD and message change for Primary I-485 no changes for dependent I-485

The Current Status now says case has been sent to another office for processing (but the message has details of the July 2006 transfer from VSC to NSC, the date says on July 20,2006 they transferred to NSC)

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On July 20, 2006, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Has anyone had any experience like this? Any suggestion as to what might be happening???

Through the First Lady

I had sent a letter to the First lady in November, FBI responded back in March saying that name check has been cleared. I had sent a very simple letter to the first lady explaining the situtaion and asked the office to forward it to FBI. I never got a response back from the, but FBI NNCP Chief responded back in March saying the Name check has been completed.

I had sent a letter to the First lady in November, FBI responded back in March saying that name check has been cleared. I had sent a very simple letter to the first lady explaining the situtaion and asked the office to forward it to FBI. I never got a response back from the, but FBI NNCP Chief responded back in March saying the Name check has been completed.

Did they call you from FBI, or did they sent you a written notice?
I got a phone call a week ago as a consequence of my letter to the Ombudsman case problems department. The officer said that my NC had been cleared, but I still do not believe until I get a written notice. I contacted the local Congresswoman, but have not heard from her yet. How can I find out for sure that the NC had been completed? Will they response if I call to the USCIS? To get an infopass for a local INS, I must spend a whole day traveling back and forth, and I am still not sure that they will tell me anything definite.

Life after GC

Hi Endretro,
It sounds to me like they are working on your case and they are actually repeating themselves with what the message back in July 2006 said. Sometimes they do that, they are confusing in their updates/statements. The fact that soemthing changed tells me that your file/case is with an officer so I would say to hang in there for a bit longer and see if your case is not adjudicated. Good luck :)

EB3 Worldwide
I-140/I-485 concurently November 2004
FP1/biometrics: 01/2005
I-140 Approved July 2005
FP2-biometrics: 10/18/2006
RFE 06/2006
EAD and AP requested 3 times, last ones still pending
Attorney official request for update: February 2007
I-485 adjudicated (for spose and child also)/approval notice: APRIL 10, 2007
Card received in mail: April 16, 2007 :D