Really Need Help - Travel India

RealCanadian,

Can we exit the USA using AP and then re-enter the US using Green Card (that is if someone collected it and mailed it to us Abroad)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you can. There approved date on Green card that shows the original approved date. Hence no problem

Last edited by a moderator:
RealCanadian,

Can we exit the USA using AP and then re-enter the US using Green Card (that is if someone collected it and mailed it to us Abroad)

Thanks for the reply.

You don't have to use AP to exit the USA.

Once I forgot my AP and exited USA without any questions.
But there could be a problem if your I-94 expired. But in this situation presenting a copy of I-485 reciept should be enough to get you out of trouble.

You don't have to use AP to exit the USA.

Once I forgot my AP and exited USA without any questions.
But there could be a problem if your I-94 expired. But in this situation presenting a copy of I-485 reciept should be enough to get you out of trouble.

1-94 Expiry, I did not think of that. Where do I look for the expiration date. Is the date of Expiry equivalent to the date of your Visa Validity?:confused:

1-94 Expiry, I did not think of that. Where do I look for the expiration date. Is the date of Expiry equivalent to the date of your Visa Validity?:confused:

don't worry
if your I-94 expired then they will ask you to present a document showing that you did not overstay in the US
AP or copy of I-485 will be enough

but even if you show AP nobody would register it.

so don't worry about "exiting US on AP"