real time immigration watch

they specifically track eac03 xxx cases
there are many instances
Look at the amount of applications

Is there a site through which you can track family based petitions. I tried puting in my A # and it rejects it saying that it has to start with WAS LIN etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hope everybody has a good new year.

Regards,

QCO.

Type in your Reciept no. that starts with LIN-XX-XXX-XXXX.or that one for your center<Check reciept no. on your I130 reciept.
not with A No.

The site indicates approvals of even '03s. That seems strange are they some kind of different category- family/marriage etc?
Thanks

I never got any other receipt other than the one with the A#. The petition was filed at the local ATL office and I recently on the 25th Of Nov had it transfered to Baltimore. Should I have gotten any other receipt that I should be asking my lawyer.

Thanks,

QCO

My earlier post relates to finding a case status on line at USCIS WEB SITE.
It needs a number some thing like LIN/WAC ....etx depending on the service center to which one submits the application and recives a reciept.If your issue is different you may check with your lawyer.

Originally posted by sb_tiger
The site indicates approvals of even '03s. That seems strange are they some kind of different category- family/marriage etc?
Thanks

There are different categories classified by INS. I-130 for family/marriage cases and I-140 for work cases.
But in terms of I485, which are all same which means going through the same process waiting.

The greatness of this site is that you can find all those information I-129/I-130/I-140/I-485 there.

Originally posted by QCO1
Is there a site through which you can track family based petitions. I tried puting in my A # and it rejects it saying that it has to start with WAS LIN etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hope everybody has a good new year.

Regards,

QCO.

A# is your alien number. Case number is your receipt number on your I-130 which should starts with WAC, LIN, SRC, or EAC depending on which service center you filed with. Just type in the case number. It works.

I didnt get any case number. In ATL marriage based petitions are filed to the local office. Since then my case has been transfered to VSC since I moved to Baltimore but I have not received anything as yet. Sorry to be so ignorant but this is the information or explanation provided to me by my lawyer.

Thanks,

QCO

Hi,
With huge generalization, I see the following:
If
Based on Total VSC approvals and transfers (that we may optimistically assume to be approvals) the average monthly approvals in 2003 is 371 ...

Total applications in '03 for I485 are about 40,000... (assuming indicator of average workload -though we have 3,000 in 3 months for 2002 vs. 40,000 in 9 months for 2003, which itself is weird)

Dividing them would give a rough 107 months of average procesing???

So, I just applied for DV 2005, naturally ... about half an hour ago. Pretty crowded.

And I obviously need to change my screen name to "n"th-year

Cheers.

Further thought: Based on last 3 months of 2002, monthly application rate increased 4-times in 2003. If that year's (2002) processing rate is to be maintained, should INS need to increase their employees by that rate in '03?

Should a single file need full 8 hours of processing by one person, 40K files would need 320K hours ... 2000 hrs per year per person would need 160 full time staff in Vermont only, dedicated for I485 only, working diligently (assumption:))

Any chance they are close?

Or is it simply a bunch of numbers that one need not to worry too much about?

Cheers,