Real RFE or requesting for something else ? ? ?

gentrig

Registered Users (C)
I called up VSC sometimes last week and the IIO informed me that they are requesting for some evidence. AVM is never updated about RFE or anything else till yesterday.
My feeling, this is not really RFE, but something else related with I140 papers as my 140 was approved for CP. Sometimes back I saw one posting which makes me think like this. Anybody on the same boat?
RD : 1/16
ND : 1/23
I140 (CP)

No Title

Last time I checked yesterday night, it plays same old message \'Your app. received on ....blah,blah\'.

Same Case

It\'s the same case for me too. Last week IIO said that they have sent an RFE. Lawyer hasn\'t received it, neither has the AVM changed. She wouldn\'t say what the RFE was about.
   It is scary because my case is pretty straightforward. NO CP, always AOS from the beginning, All papers were sent , never changed any company. Still on project with the company that applied my GC. I cannot think of what they might ask for....
   Any suggestions????

AVM changes after 8-9 days

Guys:
In my case I found out about my RFE on 26th of Oct from an IIO. The AVM changed to "RFE has been sent" on November 6th. Received the actual hard copy of RFE on November 14.
My case was also straight forward...always AOS no CP. I was very worried and I didn\'t know what they wanted. After my lawyer received the RFE...I found out it was for Updated Employer Letter and Last 3 Paystubs.Don\'t worry guys it shouldn\'t be a big deal. I hope this will help you guys calm down a little bit.
Good Luck to you all.

Regards,
Yak&Yeti

It takes 1-2 weeks for AVM to be updated

and 2-3 weeks for lawyer to get RFE. IF ur case is straight forward, normally they will ask for paystubs, tax returns, w2, emp. letter etc. Its a good time for u guys to prepare all these documents. If you don\'t have copy of ur tax returns, get a transcript from ur local IRS office. its free and instant. Get ready with last 2 years w2/ tax returns and last 2-4 paystubs. When IIO told me that an RFE has been issued, I had everything ready and so I responded the same day I received RFE. Case was approved in a week.

No Title

that great info.

can you please tell us what kind of an employment letter you had ready even before you received the rfe? what did it ask about the employment letter and what content did it have to have? thank you.

did you get a copy also??

Yak&Yeti & india_485,
   Did you also get a copy or only your lawyer got it?
TIA

lawyer got RFE not me and...

they didn\'t ask for emp. letter for me. I had to give last 2 years w2, tax returns and passport copy (all pages). No pay stub also.