• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Ready vs. AP status

Hope!!

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago, I received the congratulation letter in the USA embassy as my DV was approved by the consular officer during the interview last Month. However, I have not yet got the issued visa status although the case status was already updated within a week after the interview and remained Ready not AP for weeks till now!!!

Was the approval decision in the interview final?

May the file review by an officer result in a conclusion different than the approval earned during the interview?

What are the procedures usually taken by them during such time?

How is this situation (Ready status) different than Administrative Processing?

Advise about this situation, please!

Thanks in advance.

You can be on AP for as little as 1 day to months and months while they carry out any additional checks they need/want. That said some embassies don't update your case status and it can remain at Ready. All you can do in this situation is be patient and wait for it to be "issued" or "rejected", as well as sending any additional information they may request along the way.

You can be on AP for as little as 1 day to months and months while they carry out any additional checks they need/want. That said some embassies don't update your case status and it can remain at Ready. All you can do in this situation is be patient and wait for it to be "issued" or "rejected", as well as sending any additional information they may request along the way.

Then, what was the meaning of the approval and congratulations provided after the interview, please?!

What are the arrangements at your consulate for getting your passport returned - courier, pickup, etc?