Ready to Send... Two hole punching?

nancy1978

Registered Users (C)
Hi, i am ready to send my papers (well ready since 2 days ago) but I am very confused about assembling requirements. Do I need to do the 2 hole punching? and what is and ACCO fastener? Any tips... (this is an AOS whole package) Thanks!!!

Acco Fasteners are 2 prong fastners that you attach to top of file folder for securing documents vertically in a file folder,

See attached picture , It is not mandatory but I do reccomend it as it will ensure your Package makes it through the processing in order with out losing documents. It also shows organization and makes it easier for USCIS, if USCIS has an easier time processing it will avoid any delays in your case.

at minimum I would do as the USCIS web page suggests

look here http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#H

Being organized could be nice, but it's not a requirement.
You could just write a cover letter with the list of enclosed documents and put everything in a large envelope. Don't staple anything though.

Thank you, so the ACCO fasteners have standard size? I am afraid that they might have a different size, thanks!

Oh I forgot to ask you, I am preparing the tabs for the folders... I am just writing something like...

I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION
Name of Petitioner

Do I need to include something else in the tab?

And, should I attach just one tab to each application?

A seperate cover sheet (as in my previous attachment) for each form, you can put them all in 1 folder, And then 1 Cover letter mail in one envelope.

nancy1978 said:
Oh I forgot to ask you, I am preparing the tabs for the folders... I am just writing something like...

I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION
Name of Petitioner

Do I need to include something else in the tab?

And, should I attach just one tab to each application?

here is what I did: I did one cover letter for all, where I listed all the attached forms and supporting documentation; then on the top I did tabs for forms (i485, i765, i130 and i131) and on the side tabs for supporting documentation... used a paper clip to hold it together, put it in a big envelope and mailed... (oh yeah I paperclipped envelopes with fees and photoes to each of the forms)

nancy1978 said:
Hi, i am ready to send my papers (well ready since 2 days ago) but I am very confused about assembling requirements. Do I need to do the 2 hole punching? and what is and ACCO fastener? Any tips... (this is an AOS whole package) Thanks!!!

# Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.
# Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
# The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.
# Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.
# Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required (Forms I-94, Labor certifications, etc). Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

To make things easier, use cover letters for each form. Sample cover letters provided here on this thread. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=188386

Hi,

When assembling, I am using two folders, one with my husband's forms & cover letter for each form (I-130, g-325A, I-864) and other with my forms & cover letter for each form(I-485, etc). I decided to not do the 2 hole punching, but I am holding each applicaction with ACCO paper clips. Then I am putting both folders in one envelope with cover letter indicating what is inside. Do you like this idea??? :rolleyes:

It won't hurt to do the 2 hole punching 'coz during my interview, I saw the officer, who was sitting right in front of us, punching holes on all my document and talking to us at the same time in order to speed up their process :)

If you don't do the 2 hole punching, they'll do it anyway.