Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kksurkk

Registered Users (C)
We will be filing the following this week :
I-485 & I-765 ( + Medical and I-864 ) This week

I have the following doubts if anyone can help me out here :

( 1 ) For Medical, all I have is a sealed envelop from the Doctor. My wife didnt even sign any application form of any kind. When asked, the Doctors assistant informed, just submit this along with whatever you submit. Is this ok ??

( 2 ) EAD - My wife is not currently working, cause of the second child who went through a Heart Surgery 4 months back and she quite the job. The employer agreed for her to stay until January 2008.

That position is now filled so no opening with the current H-1B sponser.

Within few months she will be ready for starting work again with any new employer. So in that case, is it good to apply for Employment Authorization Card along with I-485 or what is your opinion ? Will there by any problem of any kind ?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Nationality: Indian
H-1B married to USC
live in New York State
I-130 mailed: 09/23/06
RD: 09/25/06 - Day 002
ND: I-130 : 09/26/06 - Day 003
Checks cashed: 09/28/06 - Day 005

Will file this week the following :

The sealed envelope is all you need with the I-693 application. Yes, you should file the I-765 with your application since you say it will be in a few months that your wife is likely to go back to work. You need to file that now because it will take up to 90 days for them to process the I-765.

However, it seems as if you are saying wife is in the US. you were supposed to file all forms together if alien immigrant is already in the US. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
NeShawn said:
The sealed envelope is all you need with the I-693 application. Yes, you should file the I-765 with your application since you say it will be in a few months that your wife is likely to go back to work. You need to file that now because it will take up to 90 days for them to process the I-765.

However, it seems as if you are saying wife is in the US. you were supposed to file all forms together if alien immigrant is already in the US. :confused:

Thanks for your input. Yes my wife is in H1-B Visa and in the USA for last 5 years with me and I am an US Citizen [ since September 15th 2006 ].
I applied for her when I was a Green card holder in 2004 and they rejected and asked me to file it in New York, cause my Visa priority date was not available. I didnt bother to apply, cause within 1 -1/2 year I will become a Citizen and waited to file.

I didnt know that I needed to apply everything at one time. I tought first we need to get an Visa number to file 1-485. So I went ahead and filed I-130.
Later one of my friend suggested www.immigration.com, where I found lots and lots of usefull information through the Forum.

I had posted earlier and came to know that we need to apply I-485 and others immediately. Thanks a lot for your input and I am filing it tomorrow.

NeShawn said:
WHEN YOU FILE IT YOU NEED TO PUT THE NOTICE OF THE i-130 WITH IT. GOOD LUCK

Thank you so much.
All I have is a I-797C Notice of action. I will submit a copy of it.

Once again thanks a lot for responding to my request.

NeShawn said:

** I dont have any copy of the the I-693 application with me. **
When I download the I-693 form - on the instruction page the following is noted ***

" The form should be presented to the examining physician. YOu must sign the form in the presence of the examining physician. "

**My wife confirms she never signed any papers other then giving them some information on a piece of paper which is from the doctors office, she also signed it, regarding the same information required to fill up the application from I-693.

Do you think I should ask the doctor again or is it ok ?

I think it's a given, but you (the USC) have to file the I-130 petition for alien relative. That is the ground of eligibility for your wife's I-485.

sarrebal said:
I think it's a given, but you (the USC) have to file the I-130 petition for alien relative. That is the ground of eligibility for your wife's I-485.

PLease note, I have already filed my I-130

Nationality: Indian
H-1B married to USC
live in New York State
I-130 mailed: 09/23/06
RD: 09/25/06 - Day 002
ND: I-130 : 09/26/06 - Day 003
Checks cashed: 09/28/06 - Day 005

Will file this week the following :
Edit/Delete Message

kksurkk said:
** I dont have any copy of the the I-693 application with me. **
When I download the I-693 form - on the instruction page the following is noted ***

" The form should be presented to the examining physician. YOu must sign the form in the presence of the examining physician. "

**My wife confirms she never signed any papers other then giving them some information on a piece of paper which is from the doctors office, she also signed it, regarding the same information required to fill up the application from I-693.

Do you think I should ask the doctor again or is it ok ?

IT IS OK. THE FORM IS IN THE ENVELOPE.

sarrebal said:
Oh ok. Nevermind then. You could have filed concurrently if you were a USC at that time.
Just include a copy of your I-130 approval notice then.

Please note I do not have an approval of I-130 yet. It is in the process. All I have is a I797C form - Notice of action.
** This is the paperwork on which I am going to base my I-485 application. Hope the copy will work - am I right ??