re: [URGENT] Birth Certificate issue

bhagat_singh

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

Not sure why ? , but I never had a birth certificate, I used my School Leaving Certificate as proof of birth each time there was a need, since school LC is considered a valid proof of birth in my country of birth (India)

I under stand that I need an actual birth certificate issued from the authorities at my place of birth while applying for I-485.
I recently got one from the village I am born, it is on a plain paper with all the details as a Birth Certificate, with my current picture, birth details, stamp and signature of the Village head and Village Development Office (VDO).

Will this be sufficient as proof of birth ? Will INS accept this and not send any REF ?

Has anyone used this kind of Birth Certificate (obtained much later than the actuall birth)

Please give your valuable feedback, thaking you all in advance.
will really appreciate your help, guys.

-Bhagat

re: Birth Certificate issue

hmmm....54 views, not a single replies...anybody ??? please ?? SOS ..

bhagat_singh said:
Hi friends,

Not sure why ? , but I never had a birth certificate, I used my School Leaving Certificate as proof of birth each time there was a need, since school LC is considered a valid proof of birth in my country of birth (India)

I under stand that I need an actual birth certificate issued from the authorities at my place of birth while applying for I-485.
I recently got one from the village I am born, it is on a plain paper with all the details as a Birth Certificate, with my current picture, birth details, stamp and signature of the Village head and Village Development Office (VDO).

Will this be sufficient as proof of birth ? Will INS accept this and not send any REF ?

Has anyone used this kind of Birth Certificate (obtained much later than the actuall birth)

-Bhagat

i am also waiting for a RFE on incomplete birth certificate. lets see what they want, in order to approve.

Try to contact local Indian Consulate, they may help you to get the right one after verifying your passport and Secondary school leaving certificate.

I already have the Birth Certificate issued by the Indian Consulate, but I don't think, INS accepts that, they accept affidavit from your parents/relatives + a non-availability letter OR actual Birth Certificate.

I did obtain a Birth Certificate recently, but I am not sure if this is going to be acceptable since it was issued 30 years from the birth.

Let's see if our friends on this Forum have any experience.

Hope for the best.

lc2003 said:
Try to contact local Indian Consulate, they may help you to get the right one after verifying your passport and Secondary school leaving certificate.

I got my birth cert recently too...

I got my birth cert last year too. As long as it is from the proper authorities, and has the correct birth date on it, it will work.

In any case, a "birth certificate" is only a document that confirms that a birth was recorded with the Registrar of births and deaths. It does not matter "when" you get the certificate.

Thanks, Magazmari !!

it's very comforting to hear that...Thanks for your time.
BTW, did you already use the certificate as proof of your Birth ? any RFEs so far ?

wish you all the luck for your case.

magajmari said:
I got my birth cert last year too. As long as it is from the proper authorities, and has the correct birth date on it, it will work.

In any case, a "birth certificate" is only a document that confirms that a birth was recorded with the Registrar of births and deaths. It does not matter "when" you get the certificate.

Hey Bhagat,

What is you have is OK, but make sure you take an affidavit from yr dad and mom on a stamped paper giving yr birth details , yr full name , place and DOB, and yr parents full name, with the general format.

I do not think you need any from the Indian Consulate, but in case u have made it , u can also send that.

This is more than enough. You want have any problems.

Good Luck

Tx.

bhagat_singh said:
Hi friends,

-Bhagat

Bhagat,

I dont have my birth certificate. But I have affidavite from my country's consulate. The certificate you got from your country should work even if it is on a plant paper. Stamp paper would be better but if you could get that certificate you have attested from Foriegn Affairs of your country or get it attested from your country's consulate here in US will help.

And also if you get affidavite from your mom/dad, get is attested from either foriegn affair of your country or from the consulate in US.

Because I have been through thing couple of time when I assumed it should be ok and only then they asked me for attestation. It has been just my experience.

I did use my birth affidavite for my canadian immigration and it worked. Last week I spoke with my attorney here in US and I told her that I have affidavite from cosulate certifying my birth record, she was fine with that...