Re-Submitted I485 papers ...anybody in similar situation ?

surinj

Registered Users (C)
INS returned my papers stating that the check amt is >$220.......this was error on the part of my sponsoring company\'s Accounts Dept..............added to that my Attorney did NOT cross check before sending it to INS ..........

This resulted in INS sending my forms back and now I had to Re-Submit my I485 forms again.

I hope and pray that I get my Receipts FAST and approval even FASTER.

FYI :

First time submission : June 25
Second time submission : Aug 09

Q ) Now does that mean I get to retain my previous June RD ? OR would INS give me a Aug RD ?

I WOULD BE GLAD TO GET TO SEE SOME FEEDBACK FROM EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD

Regards

azcowboy007

No Title

thanks for the response Helper007.

the thing is they have returned all the papers ........

The confusing part is ......would this be treated like new submission ? or a addition to the previous submission ?

Regards

azcowboy007

No Title

This is a unique case i never seen anybody doing this. Did they send the apllication back or only told to send another check.
If they have sent the application back and told to apply again then you will not be able to keep previous date.

They have sent the application back

from what I understand ...( attorney ) ........the I485 application was sent back :(

My attorney is not sure whether it would be treated as a Re-Submission OR as a Continuation of the previous thing

Your lawyer is equally to blame

Your lawyer doesn\'t appear to be good either. Even though the check was cast in the wrong amount by the accounting dept, your lawyer should have caught it when the final submission package was verified or when the submission package was photocopied for file.

i-485

i had same situation. paralegal made error with checks,ins send back case back after 1,5 month.we send back case with rigth
check. i lost at least 2,5 month on my ND.

No Title

The same thing happened to me. Your RD and ND will be the dates the second time you submit your I-485. But when you submit your I-485 the first time, a WAC number has already been assigned to your case, therefore, you will keep that WAC number. I do not know whether INS handles the case based on the WAC number or ND.

thanks guys for sharing your thoughts !

I really appreciate the thoughts and ideas you folks have shared openly .

I felt so frustrated/ angry / helpless ..........but the words of wisdom from you folks have given me a lot of comfort .

Thanks once again .

Regards

azcowboy007