Re-scheduling of Finger Printing

Saimanti

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 is still pending ( its 4 months ).
My I-485 was filed and I have already received Finger Print
notice.

My wife's away and I have therefore to re-schedule the
Finger Printing.

Does anyone know whether this can delay my I-485
application process ?

For instance, if I get my Finger Printing done a month
after the dat mentioned in my notice, does that delay
my I-485 ?

When is your first Date for Finger printing. INS also gives last date on the Same form. for example in my case Date of teh finger printing is first of october. and i can go within 90 days that means before 28 of december on any Wednesday.

Please read the notice carefully. also enter the dates Then we can sujjest some thing

I dont think you need rescedule. as per my atterny If you do it your 485 is void

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry..its just one Date

There is no First Date & Last Date of fingerprinting. There's
only one date, in my case, we are asked to appear on
9th of Nov at 9 a.m.

The 90 days thing says that if you have been fingerprinted
in the last 90 days, then disregard this finger printing
notice.

Also, what do you mean by saying I-485 is void if
you re-schedule ? The form clearly has a lower portion
entitled "Request for Rescheduling". Also, this is merely
a part of my I-485 petition..how can I-485 be void
when i don't even have it and am merely applying for it ?

In my FP notice which i have receved on 09/23/2002 It says
"If you are unable to appear at this time you may go on any following Wednesday at the same time noted below as long as you appear before 12/24/2002" I am quoting this from 4 th box from top in the notice.

As my friend told me that earlier there was reschedule option now INS has removed that option.

In the INS notice they have mention that if you are not appearing before that date your application will be considered as anandoned. That means your application for i-485 is void

By the by where are you giving your Finger print.

Messg for Tammy and Saimanti

Hi,

It seems FP notices are different for different states.
Tammy, which state are you staying in?

Saimanti, which state are you staying in?

This info would help in guessing what kind of FP notice I can expect.

Thanx

medical

guys, help me out - are the medical exam requirements/timeframe similar as FP? My I-140 is pending and I will file 485 after approval of 140. However, I want to have my medical done now. Do you guys suggest I should wait and get it done at the time of FP? Is there a 90 day timeframe for medical as well? Is there a long wait to get medical exam scheduled? Await any and all responses.

rdip,
You can take Medical exam any time. The results are valid for one year. Regarding scheduling appointment for Medical exam, it depends where you are and the doctor you are trying to see. I am sure there will be some doctor in each city who nwould give the appointment in a day or two. It takes another two days for the results. It is better you find out the Authorised doctors in your city, from the Immigration.com website, look for List of INS Authorized Doctor's, call them and ask for there timelines in scheduling an appointment. Also shop for the price.. Some of the busy doctor's charge very high.. Some doctor's are more into this business, they do it fast and cheap

For Saimanti and Tammy

I had got the same type of Finger Print notice as Saimanti. If you are not able to go on the day of your appointment, you can do two things..

1. Go on any day before the scheduled date, and ask them to take your finger prints.. if they have some time slot available they will take it. It is not guaranteed to find time, may be you have to try a couple of times. The finger printing process is done by private contractors and they are very cooperative. I know a lot of people had got there finger prints taken before the schedule date.

2. If you are not able to go on or before your scheduled date, you should send INS the rescheduling form and wait for the new date.

Jaye