Re: No FP

ana2908

Registered Users (C)
All
Me and my wife filed for I-485 in April 2002. We still do not have recieved notice for finger printing.

Is that normal? I was wondering if more people are in the same boat.

Regards
Anand

It depends on where you live...some get in 2-3 months of filing I485 while for some it takes few more months..but in your case,
it is more than a year and looks like either they haven't issued your FP yet, in which case it's better to call IIO and check on this, or that if you had moved and BCIS have your old address still in place, and FP having sent to that address...
Either case...DO CALL and check on this..!! :confused:

FP is done anytime during the I-485 process and is not a blocking factor, though it is required before they adjucate your AOS. Also check with your attorney. Even if your FP notice is sent to wrong address or not sent at all, your attorney should have received a representative copy.

Disclaimer:NOT a legal advise, always consult an attorney

ana2908, I think it's ok...

I just received my FP notice couple of weeks ago and the FP is scheduled on 5/21/03. Since you are a few days behind me, if you are from the same region as I am, I guess you will be receiving yours soon. Don't worry. Considering the current 485 processing speed, you would rather go for FP at a later date than having to take it twice. One of my friends did his FP three months after filing date but it's expriring soon so the chance is that he will have to do it a second time by the time his case gets processed.

Good luck to all of us.

Thanks to all those who replied. I live in Nr VA region and have filed in Vermont Service Center.

I have contacted my Attorney and he said he will contact VSC.

Regards
Anand