Re: New Regulation To Extend Ead Validity Period

yfehgh

Registered Users (C)
I heard that "By the end of the month (June 04), DHS/USCIS plan to publish an INTERIM FINAL RULE" to allow themselves to issue Employment Authorization Documents for periods greater than 1 year."

I would like to find out if the aforementioned INTERIM FINAL RULE has been published or not. If yes, could you pls advise where on the DHS/USCIS website can I read it.

I also learned that USCIS is proposing a REGULATION removing the 1-yr mandatory expiration of EAD. I am wondering What is the status of this regulation?

YFEHGH

In dustbin, I believe

This regulation has not changed anu thing. They are still issuing the EAD with 1 yr validity. On the contrary the new card is valid from date of issue and not from the next day after expiry of previos EAD.

This is affecting more.

Actually, the start of the new card seems to be at the whim of the USCIS. I just received my 3rd EAD and the start date of the card is the day after the expiration of my current EAD. (12/16/04). My previous EAD's start date was the date of approval.

So as usual, there is no hard and fast rule that the USCIS follows when it comes to the EAD validity date.

Regards

Rav

PS. By the way, I filed the EAD on-line and it was approved in 2 business days. (That is not a typo)

485 RD 08.27.02 (EB3 Canada)
FP Not Yet

2 EAD's issued

I filed my EAD on 3/4/2004, 1 day before my first EAD expires. I waited for 90 days and then I went to the Boston office for an interim EAD. The interim EAD has dates -> from 7/8/04, expires 3/7/05. Consequently my 765 was approved and I received another regular EAD which has dates -> from 3/8/05, expires 7/5/05.
Thus, I ended up getting more time :), isnt that lovely. :rolleyes: :cool: