Re-issue Indian passport to Status-less immigrant?

IndianInCA

I had applied for asylum about 20 years ago & got issued the EAD, DL, SS, etc... got re-issued Indian passport from consulate in SFO about 10 years (2nd re-issuance in SFO) ago without any problems... then I abandoned my asylum case & now I do not have any status (status-less) ... it is time again to apply to re-issue after another 10 years... I heard SFO will not re-issue me passport since I had applied for asylum... is that true? Can i apply as "status-less"? It is kind of humiliating & kind of VERY DIFFICULT to find 2 (TWO) GC holders with valid Indian passports who will vouch for somebody illegal before Indian consulate, will go to a notary public & notarize the GC, Indian passport & a statement. Can you help me with re-issuance of my Indian passport? Or, can you give me some insight in this matter?

Last edited:
In check list of documents for re-issue indian passport, it is mentioned as "Notarized Color photocopy of current valid US visa on passport or Green card or Employment Authorization Card or I- 797 approval notice documents."
if not, must provide a notarized no status affidavit.
My wife is on Pending Adjustment of Status (I-485) and she has approved Advance parole travel document which is valid for one year. She do not have H4 or EAD. I believe she is in valid status from USCIS point of view. But the passport renewal status requirement do not talk about advance parole document.
Can we apply without "no status affidavit" as we think that she is in proper status.
Thanks in advance.