Re: Infopass

akayal1973

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Although I know that most likely it's a waste of time, I have still taken an infopass appointment at the Newark Office on Oct 10 to inquire about my I-485. My case has been stuck in background checks for a while. Contacting senators hasn't helped very much so far - other than getting a confirmation that I am stuck in FBI name and date of birth checks. So, this infopass appointment was an act of desperation.

Could someone please let me know what documents should I carry along, and their experience at the Newark office?

Thanks.

they usually only look at your passport and 485 receipt. but i'd bring all related documents: fp notice, 140 approval, etc.

Did you get useful information from Newark office? I made an appointment with them for 2 weeks later.

May I ask which senator did you contact? I wrote a letter to Senator Menedez last month, but haven't heard from them so far.

akayal1973 said:
Guys,

Although I know that most likely it's a waste of time, I have still taken an infopass appointment at the Newark Office on Oct 10 to inquire about my I-485. My case has been stuck in background checks for a while. Contacting senators hasn't helped very much so far - other than getting a confirmation that I am stuck in FBI name and date of birth checks. So, this infopass appointment was an act of desperation.

Could someone please let me know what documents should I carry along, and their experience at the Newark office?

Thanks.

Did you get any information???

Did you get any useful information at Infopass?? If FP are expired do they alteast allow you to get your FP taken??

akayal1973 said:
Guys,

Thanks.

Guys,

Re: Infopass:

I went to the Newark office yesterday morning - had an appointment at 7.30 am. That seems to be a good time since the lines are not that long. I reached at 7.00 am. I was out by 8.15 or so.

Yes, the officer was nice and the appointment was helpful. I came to know that (a) my FBI name check is still pending - they gave me a signed letter to that effect; (b) Name check was first sent to FBI in Feb 2005; (c) It was sent again this year (didn't specify the date) - wonder what happened to my first name check request - may be FBI lost it:)

I asked for a time frame - she asked me to come back in late Nov. if my I-485 is not adjudicated by then. She said it is difficult to tell but "perhaps it will be cleared by then". - this just appeared to be speculation on her part - how would she know??

Re: Senator/Congressman

1. I had initially contacted Menendez. a few months back. His office wrote me a letter 10 days later stating that I was "stuck in FBI name and date of birth checks". That was my first confirmation that I was stuck in name check. In that sense, it was useful. I sent him a follow-up letter a couple of months later - no response to that.

2. Contacted Mike Ferguson - my congressman (I live in New Providence, NJ)10 days back. Haven't heard back as yet.

Both Menendez and Ferguson are busy with their reelection campaign. Election, I believe is in early Nov. So, I wouldn't count on getting a response from them anytime soon.

Senator Lautenberg is not up for election though.

akayal1973

did u hve to go thru your lawyers for the infopass?
Asking since I want to bypass my unhelpfull lawfirm!!

dbins01 said:
did u hve to go thru your lawyers for the infopass?
Asking since I want to bypass my unhelpfull lawfirm!!

Hi,

I just went by myself for the infopass. I didn't involve my lawyer in this.