re: I140 withdraw

gotocanada

Registered Users (C)
Every guru:
I have same situation with longGC but difference is I got the layoff before 180 days. I read the forum last night and I suspect I may have same situation. I went to online status and checked the my I140 status. Online status said "I140 withdraw in 12/2/2002 ...". My God, I never thought my previous company was going to that. They told me they wouldn't inform INS. Totally sleepless last night. Currently I am working on EAD and job is the same but salary is much lower than previous. My ead is going to expire 12/30. I wouldn't expect to renewal my ead. My I480 is still pending and I filed my 485 by myself. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Currently my family is in very sad mood and we just try to sell out everything and go to canada.
If there is a last straw, we are going to try it anyway!
Thanks in advance!

I feel sorry gotocanada

I feel very sorry for you and longGC. Just hang in there. try to contact longGC. longGC might be able to give you some advice on this as he is trying to file MTR. I pray for you guys. Hope every thing works out good.

TX_RFE

Are you saying in your case too, there was a Company merger or take-over and the company A who filed for your 140 is under company B now?
Very sorry to hear that.
I wish the best to you & longGC.
By the way, what was your ND/RD?

Sorry to hear that

I second TX_RFE. Try to contact and ask LongGC.
If you have AP then you could go to Canada to prepare for worst case scenario, but do not give up. In CSC or VSC forums, I saw a couple of cases, similar to yours and they got approval.

Best wishes.

LongGC, please help.

Thanks everybody. I guess I cann't file MOR b/o I didn't pass 180 days. I485 RD 09/02 What was ND? It was I140 approved date?( 07/02, PD: 06/99). Somebody said there were some cases got approved in other service center. Is it exactly the same situation? I found on but his/her I140 was not withdrawn.

Has anything changed ?

Why are companies now withdrawing I-140 even when they had agreed (verbally) not to report to BCIS ?
I hope this is just in these 2 unfortunate cases ( longgc & gotocanada).

Gotocanada

sorry to hear your story, But could you not get a new H1 from present employer? Even if you get an RD/ ND for this new H1, you will be OK to work here legally.

Do not give up guy. Ask your company to file for an H1, Well you could pay for it, they just need to sign the application.

apply for canada green card now

There may be some hope for you to stay in US, but it would be very slim. Apply for canada green card now. It will take quite a few months. After you stay in Canada for 3 years and become Canadian citizen, you can come back easily. It may be a hidden blessing, from another perspective. 3 years is a short time compared to the time waiting for GC here.

Last edited by a moderator:
After you stay in Canada for 3 years and become Canadian citizen, you can come back easily.
You must know something that I don't know because I am Canadian and as far as I can tell there are no special considerations for Canadians.

RD 11/07/01
and still waiting.

You've got that right W8!

I'm Canadian, and as of today, I'm officially at 2 YEARS for I485 Adjustment. Canadians don't have any advantages when it comes to getting a green card.

Now as a Candian citizen, you can file for a TN yearly visa if your occupation is one that qualifies. This non-immigrant visa is good for a year, costs $50 or $60 and at this point, is renewable indefinitely. However, there are many dangers to applying for permanent residence status while on TN status that have to be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know more than you do :) What I meant was using the TN visa, not special treatment for US GC.

Originally posted by w8nc
You must know something that I don't know because I am Canadian and as far as I can tell there are no special considerations for Canadians.

RD 11/07/01
and still waiting.

Originally posted by king1999
I didn't know more than you do :) What I meant was using the TN visa, not special treatment for US GC.

There's one other HUGE advantage for Canadian citizens - you do not require a visa stamp (and the consular interview, revalidation, etc. etc.) to enter the US in any status other than K or E. The more I read about consular non-immigrant visa interviews, the more I am grateful for being visa-exempt.

TheRealCanadian & w8nc

I have a question for you guys, I just became Canadian Citizen, first are you guys citizens I mean canadian? and also did you tell BCIS of your citizenship status change

Please reply

ND 5/01

I have a question for you guys, I just became Canadian Citizen, first are you guys citizens I mean canadian? and also did you tell BCIS of your citizenship status change
I was born Canadian and lived in Canada for 46 years. I came to the USA on an L1.

Re: TheRealCanadian & w8nc

Originally posted by 2001Case

I too am a native, not naturalized, Canadian. Bad luck for me - since both I and my wife are the only born Canadians in our families and therefore ineligible for the GC lottery.