Re-fingerprinting after 18-month wait for namecheck

ds135

Registered Users (C)
I got stuck on a name check and have been waiting for interview for over 18 months. This week got an appointment from Newark, NJ office for re-fingerprinting on Dec 20th. Two questions:
- Does it mean my namecheck is finally done?
- I am currently out of country for work -- would it be a good idea to reschedule the re-fingerprinting, or I may get stuck for another year?

Thanks, would appreciate your help.

I also waited for almost 18 months before getting the second fingerprint notice. For my case, I got an interview notice a week after I had the second fringerprint and had my interview and oath a month later. I have a friend who rescheduled her fingerprint and did not get interview letter until 6 months later. I am not sure how much time it will be now. I guess it also depends on the service center in your location. Because of the long delay for naturalization, if I were you I would preferred to get out of the dark tunnel as early as possible. Good luck.

- I am currently out of country for work -- would it be a good idea to reschedule the re-fingerprinting, or I may get stuck for another year?

Unless you've got an N-470 and are working for a US corporation, its really not good to be working outside of the US on anything but a short term visit abroad.