Re-filing N400 @ EWR! Rahul, others please help.

futcitizen

Registered Users (C)
I had filed my N-400 Maerch 11th 2005 based on a 3 year marriage to USC & my interview was on past Monday at EWR. I made use of the 90 day rule & filed 90 days before my 3 year marriage anniversary of June 1st.

However when called the officer went through the complete application and took a good 10 minutes before telling me that since I was not married for a full 3 years before filing N400 my application is being denied. "You filed too early". He also explained that such kind of check is not done until the interview and today is the first time an officer is looking at it in detail. It was a sad day indeed, cannot even explain how bad I felt. Anyway I am now recovering from the dejection and hence writing only today.

The officer was quite friendly and actually showed that he really felt bad himself since my file was in order and the FP and name check was completed to satisfaction. So I was there but not there!! He said I have 2 options, I can appeal the decision once I get the letter in the mail or re-file asap.

Few question I have are
1. Do I have to wait to recieve the denial letter? or include a copy of it with the new application?
2. My FP was done on June 2nd 2005 so since it is valid for 15 months will it be used again or do I have to undergo fresh FP???
3. Same for name check? Will the one run in Q3 of 2005 used.

I am just trying to understand if I can anyway shorten the 8-9 months I have to wait to get to the interview stage again??

Please advice if any of you have experience/knowledge.

Thanks

Did officer ask yo to sign a letter for application withdrawal?
I had a same problem. But officer made me sign a letter for withdrawal so I can re-file same day. I did sign letter there and applied next day and got citizenship in five months. I was told by officer that if I don't withdraw application then it will be denied and I have to wait to get a denial letter before refiling.

Thanks. I did not withdraw!

Anyway I will wait to get the letter which the officer said should be this week itself. Anyway did you also interview at NewarK, NJ?

Any idea if the old FP?Name check can be used??

Thanks

I suggest that you
1. Withdraw your app
2. Refile a new one as soon as you get confirmation
3. FP's are a non issue. I "guess" you may not be required to retake them
4. Namechecks will be done a 2nd time.

ppp1234

Can you post your dates for original filing and re-fliling? Also where did you file from?

Much appreciated. Thanks - futcitizen