Re-entry to USA, Friends: please help

GCWanted

Registered Users (C)
hi friends,

I really need all of your help/suggestions.

I applied for I-485/EAD/AP. I got my EAD/AP also. Recently I got
my H1-b extension approval also.

I am going to India for 2 wks vacation, for my marriage in Last of Dec.
Next week i am going to Mexico to get my visa stamp so that I can
travel to india and comeback.

For any of the unexpected reasons if I don\'t get my VISA at Mexico and
if I drive back to USA with my valid i-94 ( no visa ), will there
be any problem to my I-485 processing ?

[ I will be in india for just 2 wks so i don\'t think that\'s sufficient
time to get it stamped, so travelling to Mexico ]

Any help/suggestions really appreciated.

No Title

Please read the below article I don\'t know how how true it is.
Check with your company\'s attorney

Amal "BREAKING NEWS:Travel Restrictions - (F-1,J-1,H1B,L-1,O-1,or TN visas)" 12/2/01 6:47pm

Do not go to Mexico or canada for visa stamping

Hay,
vguru is right, we also got the instructions from our company not to travel to Canada or Mexico for visa stamping.Better you get it done in India or by mail from here.

No Title

AS per Shustermann site and Murthy, non immigrant visas will not be stamped in Canada or Mexico and my friend who went to Mexico was sent back without stamping. You are taking a risk by going to Mexico. Better to get the stamping in India. I was told that it takes only about two to three days.

Do not worry got to INdia

I also have 485 Rec/EAD/AP
also I got my H-1 approved for another 3 yr and since I am also travelling to India and will get ti stamped there. There should not be any problem

H1 stamping in Mexico

Have there been any caes in Mexico (Juarez) where people have been sent back without stamping ? What were the reasone for that ? I have an appointment on December 19th and would like to know

When I called the officials they are saying my appointment is still valid and i can go to Mexico

When I called the officials they are saying my appointment is still valid and i can
go to Mexico.
But i am interested in knowing, if for some reason if they send me back to USA without
visa stamp ( based on I-797 & I-94) then will there be any problem to my existing I-485 process ?

Thanks,

I am in the same position

I filed my I485 last week and have an H1-H1 appointment at Juarez on Dec 19. Want to know what\'s happening out there. The reports are very confusing. I called Victor Garcia\'s office and they said that people were getting visas on a daily basis without problems. I did see some contrary postings on this and other boards. Does anybody have first hand info ?

If you have AP then you donot need the VISA.

I have been to India recently with AP and expired VISA. All they have looked at it is the AP and the VALID PASSPORT at the re-entry. If you have AP and the valid Passport then you are good to go.

Re-entry to USA

I think with the tightened travel restrictions since 911 it is advisable to get the stamping in India.

As to why he cannot use AP, he would be unable to get his wife back on H4 once he uses any other document other than H1. The his wife will have to submit a folow-to-join or conuslar processing for her immigrant visa and will be unable to come to the US until such time either is granted.

Best of luck!

Time to get AP

One other point is that the AP takes far too long these days at VSC.
I need to travel on business and cannot put that off for 3-4 months.

I-94

Vencat_2001,
I plan to travel with my AP. I believe I will give the airline company my I-94 (H1-B) when boarding. My question is that do you need to fill another I-94 when you come back with AP?
Thanks!
BJL

Yes

You\'ll fill out another I-94 when you enter on AP. The stamp on it will be marked differently - I don\'t think there will be an expiry date.