Re-entry question -- Please Help

SimpleXYZ

Registered Users (C)
First i would like to share my landing experience to canada last August. Here is condensed form of my experience. At the border --
i was told to park my car and go inside the building. The officer was busy, did not respond to my greeting. He asked for passports & landing papers for me, my wife. My little kid is us citizen. I had set aside, i-94 cards, in my bag. Than he asked for us-immigration papers, which i could not understand. First i gave him i-797 and than showed I-94 cards. He returned my i-797 but did not give back I-94 cards. He also asked me, for how long will i stay in canada. My response -- a couple of weeks. After the formalities, i asked for I-94 cards. I was told that he needed those cards. I was stunned, because i was supposed to come back to us after few days.
Mine is a genuine case. I really want to settle in canada within 1-year timeframe. But i can not leave my current job in the middle of project (they had been good to me all the time). Plus it will take few months to sell my house. And i did not find time to find new job in canada.

At border , while coming back to us after 4 days
I was directed to park my car, go inside the building. After 40-50 mins wait, finally my name was called. I was asked about all the companies i had worked in last 6-7 yrs, why i changed those companies, were there any gaps. Luckily, i had all the paperwork to prove it. My record is also clean. And i also had valid visa for another 5-months. So i was issued a new i-94.

I have seen very useful suggestions on this forum. Please help me with your suggestion. Your expert advice will give me a peace of mind.
I am travelling again to re-enter canada and come back. Received a letter in canada, stating, specifications for my wife's photographs are not correct. And she had to visit for an appointment.
1. Do i travel by car OR plane. If travelling by car, do we need emergency travel document. Are landing papers enough to renenter canada.
2. Can i request the officer at canada, not to take away my I-94 cards (because i still have to come back. House is a major reason). Should i always keep i-94 cards in the passport to avoid any misunderstanding/suspicion.

I still have a us valid visa. And i-94 approved. Please show me the light.

Referral for lawyer

Hi
Can anyone please refer me a lawyer who can advice me on travel. I would really appreciate your help.
Here are the questions that is bothering me. Thanks a lot for your help

---------------------

I am travelling again to re-enter canada and come back. Received a letter in canada, stating, specifications for my wife's photographs are not correct. And she had to visit for an appointment.
1. Do i travel by car OR plane. If travelling by car, do we need emergency travel document. Are landing papers enough to renenter canada.
2. Can i request the officer at canada, not to take away my I-94 cards (because i still have to come back. House is a major reason). Should i always keep i-94 cards in the passport to avoid any misunderstanding/suspicion.

----------------------------

SimpleXYZ said:
Hi
Can anyone please refer me a lawyer who can advice me on travel. I would really appreciate your help.
Here are the questions that is bothering me. Thanks a lot for your help

---------------------

****** If travelling by car, Landing papers are good to enter.

----------------------------

Thanks

Thanks Prman for your reply. I still do not know, why canada border need I-94.
But stressing around for answers on net. I think that is price H1b folks (high-tax payer group) have to pay.
( for currency conversion -- stress is multiplied by 50 times) :)