Re-entry Permit necessary?

Feynman

Hi,

I have a question regarding the re-entry permit.

My situation:
- Received GC visa in February 2021
- Did activation trip in March 2021 (stayed for a few days)
- Will finish studies in home country in Jan 2022

- I want to travel for 6+ months starting in February 2022 while coming back to the US every 2-3 months to visit friends or attend conferences/meetups
- I will never stay outside of the US for more than 3-4 months but I also won't have an apartment or a car during my time abroad

Do I need to apply for a re-entry permit in my case?
The processing time for the re-entry permit is around 8 months right now.
Does it even make sense to apply for a re-entry permit if it won't be approved before my trip starts?

Thanks for your help!

Technically, you don't, but they could choose to question you (though with automated passport control, I don't know what they even ask anymore). After this 6+ months of travel, are you planning to settle in the US? If so, you are likely to be ok.

Hi,

I have a question regarding the re-entry permit.

My situation:
- Received GC visa in February 2021
- Did activation trip in March 2021 (stayed for a few days)
- Will finish studies in home country in Jan 2022

- I want to travel for 6+ months starting in February 2022 while coming back to the US every 2-3 months to visit friends or attend conferences/meetups
- I will never stay outside of the US for more than 3-4 months but I also won't have an apartment or a car during my time abroad

Do I need to apply for a re-entry permit in my case?
The processing time for the re-entry permit is around 8 months right now.
Does it even make sense to apply for a re-entry permit if it won't be approved before my trip starts?

Thanks for your help!
hello dear

I'll suggest you to apply the re-entry travel document since you will be gone for up to 6+ . this days the hate the immigration dram you know it is hard to trust them . so to be safe go consult a Lawyer if you wanted more detail . if you not apply re-entry base my experience of a fiend of mine it better to apply if you go more than 6+ and please get a lease or a car that way is proof if your tight to live her in us if not they will be suspicious that's my opinion.

thank you