Re-entry permit approved

faysal

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys: Back in July 31 2006, I applied for a re=entry permit. Today, I have recieved a message that my application was approved on Saturday 14, and the document was mailed on that same. It seems that the service sticks to the timeline on their website...I am happy...but I am not travelling soon. Just want have it on hand in case if I need it....

hey Faysal , congratulation on your approval i got a question for you after reading your signature
Please clear this for me :
ND for your I-485 was July 21st 2001
and on Dec.8 case transfered to ****San Francisco Asylum Office**** for interview
It do not make sense to me that your I-485 was transfere to ***Asylum Office*** and not San Francisco District Office
Please clarify this for me did u have your interview at San Francisco District Office ( or one of the 3 sub-offices)
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm#anchor1621545
or you had your I-485 interview at San Francisco Asylum Office
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfranasylum/aboutus.htm#anchor1621545

Thanx and if you decide to travel anytime soon , enjoy your traveling and have fun

clisp said:
hey Faysal , congratulation on your approval i got a question for you after reading your signature
Please clear this for me :
ND for your I-485 was July 21st 2001
and on Dec.8 case transfered to ****San Francisco Asylum Office**** for interview
It do not make sense to me that your I-485 was transfere to ***Asylum Office*** and not San Francisco District Office
Please clarify this for me did u have your interview at San Francisco District Office ( or one of the 3 sub-offices)
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm#anchor1621545
or you had your I-485 interview at San Francisco Asylum Office
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfranasylum/aboutus.htm#anchor1621545

Thanx and if you decide to travel anytime soon , enjoy your traveling and have fun

Thanks Mr. Clisp: It does not make sense if you don't understand the situation. At the time I was filing my greencard application, I filed on the bases of asylum and I was eligible; however, while my case was pending I divorced. In this case, I was not able to get greencard through my wife so I had to asylum interview on my own. They call it nunc pro tunc. The reason they sent to San Francisco asylum office is because I live in seattle WA, and there is no asylum office here. The asylum office in San Francisco has jurisdiction over my area. that is the reason. That office some times when they have enough cases send officers to here...I hope that is clear...and by the way thanks for your goodwill and good luck to you as well..

thanx for the explanation , now i understand what it is , had no ideq tho and it seemed wierd but now it makes a lot of sense

faysal said:
Hi guys: Back in July 31 2006, I applied for a re=entry permit. Today, I have recieved a message that my application was approved on Saturday 14, and the document was mailed on that same. It seems that the service sticks to the timeline on their website...I am happy...but I am not travelling soon. Just want have it on hand in case if I need it....

Hey Faysal,

dont you have to use a travel document for traveling? Is reentry permit is the travel doc?

Thanks dude.

WongGendeng said:
Hey Faysal,

dont you have to use a travel document for traveling? Is reentry permit is the travel doc?

Thanks dude.
Yes,
Re-entry permit is a kind of travel document..

faysal said:

Did you apply RTD before ?

If one had an expired or unexpired RTD and he decides to apply for RP, do you think CIS will deny his RP application, or instead give him a new RTD ?
I remember I read from this forum that one member's RP application was denied because he previously applied for RTD.

Thanks,

GrassRoot said:
Did you apply RTD before ?

If one had an expired or unexpired RTD and he decides to apply for RP, do you think CIS will deny his RP application, or instead give him a new RTD ?
I remember I read from this forum that one member's RP application was denied because he previously applied for RTD.

Thanks,

If you have valid RTD, then they won't issue a new one. I had an expired one. I kept a photo copy of it, and mailed the old one. I had no problem with them. So if you have expired RTD, you should return it along with your initial application. This is my understanding only. I don't know the correctness of it.

faysal said:
If you have valid RTD, then they won't issue a new one. I had an expired one. I kept a photo copy of it, and mailed the old one. I had no problem with them. So if you have expired RTD, you should return it along with your initial application. This is my understanding only. I don't know the correctness of it.

Thanks, faysal.

My question was if you return expired RTD to them then apply for RP (Reentry Permit), will they deny your RP because you previously applied for RTD ?

Can you apply for RP and RTD and RP...by turn to accomodate your need ?

GrassRoot said:
Thanks, faysal.

My question was if you return expired RTD to them then apply for RP (Reentry Permit), will they deny your RP because you previously applied for RTD ?

Can you apply for RP and RTD and RP...by turn to accomodate your need ?

No. You have a right to apply for whichever you want. You must be a permenant resident to apply for Re-entry Permit, however.

The travel document that I had was RTD; I returned RTD and applied for RP. No Problem. they Issued me a RP. So if you are permenant residence, you should not have problem....Hope I understood your question

faysal said:
No. You have a right to apply for whichever you want. You must be a permenant resident to apply for Re-entry Permit, however.

The travel document that I had was RTD; I returned RTD and applied for RP. No Problem. they Issued me a RP. So if you are permenant residence, you should not have problem....Hope I understood your question

Thank you faysal for your answer.

1. Since most countries recognize RP ( per Mr. Moderator ) and RP has two yr validity, why don't GC holders pursue RP instead of RTD ?

2. Most visas need at least 6 months validity of your travel document ( RP or RTD ), then how did you deal with this new/old RP during this transitional period when you need a visa right away ?

GrassRoot said:
Thank you faysal for your answer.

1. Since most countries recognize RP ( per Mr. Moderator ) and RP has two yr validity, why don't GC holders pursue RP instead of RTD ?

2. Most visas need at least 6 months validity of your travel document ( RP or RTD ), then how did you deal with this new/old RP during this transitional period when you need a visa right away ?

Well the reason lot of people go for RTD and I can speak for myself is because if you have a RTD, you do not need a visa to Germany. I and Cadel have landed in Germany and gone all over Europe without a visa. If you request a visa with your Rentry Permit, first it takes about $100 bucks with insurance etc and then its' reallly a headache to go pick up and they treat you as you are a criminial.

I only travel to Europe & Canada. For me, RTD is great because no visa needed if I need to go to Europe. Even though other countries in Europe require a visa, usually there is no police control between schegen states..

But if you need to travel once or so per year..go for RP.

Correct me if I'm wrong!!

hey guys! It's been a long time since I posted here, but I appreciate all your inputs, which I read frequently during my nights of insomnia.

One quick question: I THOUGHT that if you are a GREEN CARD holder, you just needed to use your GC to get back to the US and if you need a visa, stamp it in your National Passport.

Maybe the RP is to avoid the use of the NP before your citizenship?
Also, does the Rp have the same shape and pages like a RTD?

Thank you all,

Oh, and I applied in June/06, did FP 07/06 will get drunk many times befroe I hear from them...hehe. Will create a signature with this later.

Peace and love,

M