Re-Entry Permit 4 months no word?

waitingwonderin

Hey

I applied for the reentry permit over four months ago and have still not heard weather it has been approved or not.

I did receive a letter acknowledging they had received my application. Is this time delay normal. I plan to return to the us in about 5 or 6 months. Maybe i wont even have word by then. Think the safest thing to do will prob b just walk over the border somewhere.

Please can anyone with re-entry experiance advise on how long it takes for them to get back to you. Getting worried.

Reentry Permit

My reentry permit took months to arrive.

The nice part is that the two years are given from the date of issue of the rentry permit, effectively giving me 3 years

I applied for my reentry permit in mid-August and still waiting for it. I am told that the "normal" processing time is 4 -5 months, but because of the high volume of applications received in June/July, it may now take 6 months or more.

What will happen at POE if you only have REP receipt

Hi everyone,

If REP takes 6 months or more to be processed, what will happen at POE if you have been aboard for 6 month and only have a receipt of REP? Assuming this is not the first time you have been aboard for 6 months so POE may not be nice to you if you do not have REP.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

I have applied as well for a re-entry permit. My reciept date is October 3rd, 2007

Still nothing!

Does anyone have any info, when should I expect to get it ?

meaning of re entry permit

My reentry permit took months to arrive.

The nice part is that the two years are given from the date of issue of the rentry permit, effectively giving me 3 years

I faced similar situation but how this extended period stay will impact on naturalization application no body knows!

I posted a question 2/3 times in the forum but it seems no one knows the answer!

How many times can be re-entry permit issued? Is it limited?

I think it is limited, getting re entry permit and moving in and out of US for many times will surely affects if someone's planning to be citizen. Plus takes usually too long to have one.

Ok thanks , but many people don't want to be citizens , their just wanna keep their greencards ...

So is somewhere declared, that one can't apply for re-entry permit for eg. more than 2 times?