Re-entry into the US with a valid multiple entry visa if the new visa gets rejected

watch out

Hi,
My current multiple entry US visa from the previous employer H1B is
expiring on April 15th 2006 but I have my present employer H1B valid till October 2007.

I am in the process of getting my visa renewed or re-validated for the
duration of current H1B from present employer. I think I have 2 options,
first one is get my visa renewed in my home country i.e in India, in
my next visit and the second option is go to Canada or Mexico for the
visa stamping.

Since I already have visa until April 15th 2006 if I consider my
second option and go to Canada or Mexico to get my visa stamping
before April 15th 2006, in worst case if my visa renewal gets
rejected. I was wondering will I be able to use current multiple entry
US visa to re-enter US before April 15th 2006. As an FYI, my current
visa is based on my previous employer and I think that company is no
more.

Please advice, thank you.

You can

Hi,

Yes!... if you have a valid visa, you can travel using that. Company name on the visa does not matter.

VISA stamp in passport is just a travel document.

If your visa gets rejected, technically you cannot re-enter on your existing stamp, I think. The rule is that if you have applied for a visa anywhere, and if that application was not successful, then you do not qualify for automatic re-validation.
I am not sure, though, so check with others.

One other thing - you will not get an appt before Apr 15 at least in Tijuana. Right now, dates are available for end of July.

Any one have an appointment on April 3rd at US Consulate in Vancouver

Thank you for the replies,

rspr:
I think so to and I am hoping that they let me in.

kool_maverik:
Question here is will I be able to use existing visa which will expire on April 15th. I think to qualify for "automatic re-validation", one should not attend/apply for visa stamping at any US Consulate General in Canada.

If you keep looking www.nvars website for appointments you do not have to wait until end of July, may be because of last minute cancellations. I booked mine last weekend.

Any how, I am taking my chances and I will be travelling to Vancouver, BC on April 1st. I have an appointment on April 3rd at 8:30AM. I have made travel plans I booked hotel and rental car if any one attending interview on April 3rd can join me.
I will post my visa stamping experience as soon as I have new updates.

Wish me luck!!!

All the best buddy!!

Let us know how it goes....we'll be waiting to hear all the details.

I made an app today for Tijuana, and got July 25. My current visa expires on June 12. I have been constantly looking to see if any dates have opened up, but so far no luck.

Visa Re-validated sucessfully

Hi,
I just wanted to update that I got my visa re-validated successfully.

I went to consulate as per the interview date and time, there were 90% Desi's and 8% Chinku's. Looks like every one attended the interview on that day got their visas because I can make out all the faces from the interview date when I went to pick up my passport next day.

There were 2 consular officers and most of the time both of them were asking almost same set of questions.

1) What do you do?
2) How long have you been with your current employer
3) Do you have recent pay stubs

Some times
4) Certificates (Educational)

In my case first question was What brings you to Vancouver? and do you have recent pay stubs?

Only thing you have to keep in mind is nothing is allowed inside the consulate except paper work, not even sealed envelops.

Good luck every one.

Hi whatout,
Congrats, can you please tell me what dou you answer for the qeustion What brings you to Vancouver?

Thanks

Watch Out,

Can you pleae answer my question, what do you answer to the VO question what brings you to vancover?

Thanks

Hi catsequoia,
Sorry for the delay.

I said I am planning to go to India pretty soon but I am not sure when. I kind of look at online for interview appointments in India for the US consulates and they are all pre booked. More over Vancouver is a beautiful city which I always wanted to visit, so here I am.

Hope this should help, good luck