re entry after voluntary departure...

CatStevens4188

My husband got in trouble for drug paraphernalia when he was 17 years old, and also got in trouble for 2 DUI's in 2009 ( he is now 26)... In 2010 ICE got a hold of him, and we got to put him on voluntary departure, in January 2012 we got married in England... How long before we can actually start doing things to get him back to the US? We need to get back home to our families! Please help me :(

There is absolutely nothing in his passport stating that he was ever (chose voluntary departure) and in his paperwork from court never stated a ban so we aren't even sure how long his ban is for... Im just confused about this whole situation and could really use some help and guidance.

Thank you.

Cat,

At least 10 years because from what I gather he overstayed at least 365 days. Correct?

Read this:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=9e258fa29935f010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

His 10 year bar is not for the voluntary departure, it is for the overstay.

Best.

My husband got in trouble for drug paraphernalia when he was 17 years old, and also got in trouble for 2 DUI's in 2009 ( he is now 26)... In 2010 ICE got a hold of him, and we got to put him on voluntary departure, in January 2012 we got married in England... How long before we can actually start doing things to get him back to the US? We need to get back home to our families! Please help me :(

There is absolutely nothing in his passport stating that he was ever (chose voluntary departure) and in his paperwork from court never stated a ban so we aren't even sure how long his ban is for... Im just confused about this whole situation and could really use some help and guidance.

Thank you.