Re-entering Canada

pearl11142002

Registered Users (C)
Folks;

I have had completed my landing process two weeks ago, my wife has to complete the landing process. To compelte her landing process , we are planning to go to Canada next week by rental car.

Is it possible to enter Canada again before I recive the PR card, my visa is valid till May 2005

-Pearl

As you have already completed your landing in Canada as a PR I dont think you can use the visa again. To enter Canada now you will either need your PR card or you can apply for the travel document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/travel.html

Another alternative is that you and your spouse drive to the nearest Canadian border. Let her go to the Canadian side alone to complete her landing and then return to US immediately.

Since you said that you landed 2 weeks ago, you must have got IMM 5292(Confirmation of P.R). You definitely should be able to use that to travel if you are using a non-commercial vehicle to cross the border.
I dont think you would need a travel document.
You can take the rental car(a non-commercial vehicle) since you already have landed and your wife would be having her IM visa so she could enter 1 time to do her landing.
Guys, correct me if my understanding is wrong.
- RahulSD