Re-capture Visa number after Divorce?

desiguy01

Registered Users (C)

I had sponsored the Green Card for my ex-wife, which was approved with mine during July 2001. We separated in Nov-Dec 2002. I remarried when out of the country during Feb 2004 to begin a new life. My wife continues to live in India while I am in the US. We are dreading the long-wait times to live seperated.

I was wondering if it would be possible to re-capture the Visa number of my ex-spouse, especially given the fact that she may/may not be in the country and use it for the new petition for my spouse?

Life is complex as it is, and hence I am clinging on to loose-threads..

Suggestions on other options are also welcome

desiguy01 said:

I had sponsored the Green Card for my ex-wife, which was approved with mine during July 2001. We separated in Nov-Dec 2002. I remarried when out of the country during Feb 2004 to begin a new life. My wife continues to live in India while I am in the US. We are dreading the long-wait times to live seperated.

I was wondering if it would be possible to re-capture the Visa number of my ex-spouse, especially given the fact that she may/may not be in the country and use it for the new petition for my spouse?

Life is complex as it is, and hence I am clinging on to loose-threads..

Suggestions on other options are also welcome
Unfortunately there is no law which allows you to re-capture visa number but good thing is that you are not very far from being a citizen.

Naturalization....so near..yet so far

Actually, I spent a year out of the US after my Divorce (Got back with a reentry permit)... so the Citizenship clock is reset ...I guess... :(

Any other suggestions to get my spouse in are more than welcome...

There is no way you can expedite GC process in the given scenario. You need to wait for either Citizenship or Visa Number.

Other avenues are non immigrant visas like H1/L1/F1 provided spouse is qualified/eligible.