Re applying for Naturalization

vision1227

Registered Users (C)
Hello community!
We are back for a second round. In 2008 my wife was not qualified for naturalization because the IO felt that she did not meet the physical presence requirements.

Since that time we had been overseas for my job. She was granted re-entry permit for green card holders that would allow her to be out of the country for extended periods of time (we were still never out of the country for more than a year).

We moved back permanently to the US in January 2011. Since that time she has not left the country except for a couple of weeks to visit her parents in Canada.

What I would like to know before reapplying is should we be okay under the 2 year +1 day rule that we have to wait since permanently continuous residence recommences?

During her first application she took and passed the test during the interview and passed all background checks. Would this have to be done again?

Thanks for the help.

Only for applicants married to USA citizens 2 years + 1 day rule applies. You need to have been a green card holder for at least 10 years.

Yes she has to take up test again as part of procedure with new application.

Hello community!
We are back for a second round. In 2008 my wife was not qualified for naturalization because the IO felt that she did not meet the physical presence requirements.

Since that time we had been overseas for my job. She was granted re-entry permit for green card holders that would allow her to be out of the country for extended periods of time (we were still never out of the country for more than a year).

We moved back permanently to the US in January 2011. Since that time she has not left the country except for a couple of weeks to visit her parents in Canada.

What I would like to know before reapplying is should we be okay under the 2 year +1 day rule that we have to wait since permanently continuous residence recommences?

During her first application she took and passed the test during the interview and passed all background checks. Would this have to be done again?

Thanks for the help.

If YOU are a U.S. citizen, then she is probably eligible under the 2 yr + 1 day rule. IF you are unclear about any other aspect(s) of her eligibility, seek professional assistance. Free or inexpensive help might be available to you. See: http://www.justice.gov/eoir/legalrepresentation.htm