RD oct 2000, ND Dec 6 EB2, INDIA pending

sesa99

Registered Users (C)
I just talk to the IIO at 4pm 09/13. She said my case is in pending status.
I asked her, what does pending status means?
She replied, when ever they are missing are need to request any info on the case, they put it under pending, and once they get the info, some officer will pick up the case. In my case, my I-485 got approved for CP and they said they don\'t have the copy of I-140(I asked her, why they don\'t keep the copy of I-140, she said, with the volume of cases, it is better not to keep the copies around)

How long will it take, to get the copy of I-140 ?
Any where from 8-10 weeks.

How long it will take for the approval after you get I-140?
about 3-4 weeks.

I told her I will call INS after 3 months, If I don\'t hear anything from them.

I got the following questions.
Does it take 8-10 weeks for getting I-140?

thanks in advance

Sesa, Your Original I-140 was sent to home country along with your file

Check the discussion thread \'Pending Discussion\'. They have now asked it back from the home country adn it will come back in a diplomatic bag, which takes time. Ask your lawyer if the process can be expedited. A letter from Congressman/Senator may help. Keep us posted on the progress of your case.

sure

Thanks for the reply. I went through that link.
How long does it take for the original I-140 to comeback from India ?
Is 8-10 weeks reasonable or it will take less or more?
any past experience people ?

The reason is, I am will be done with my project at the present client by end of this month and no new project yet.

thanks in advance

Because it is approved for CP

Is 8-10 weeks reasonable or it will take less or more?
any thoughts

Thanks in advance

Probably Right

I know it is causing a 2-3 month delay, so that timeframe given to you looks to be about right. IIO you spoke to must be basing that on their experience with such cases. My question is: Is there no way you can expidite this process. Ask your lawyer and VSC IIO too.

NO from IIO

The IIO said, there is nothing I can do to speed it up. Because the request for the I-140 should come from the INS. I am waiting for my lawyer\'s reply. I will let you know, when I get any info are any new improvments on my case.