RD/ND 8/00 approved after newark interview and 60 days CIA hold

gc circle1

Registered Users (C)
RD/ND 8/00, EB2 India, AD 9/26, notice received 9/28
My case was transferred to Newark INS office in June. Newark sent 2nd FP notice and then interview notice for 7/26. The interviewing officer said that he is approving the case from INS side but the case will be on hold for 30-60 days for CIA name check hold. Went for EAD renewal to newark on 9/19 (newark office sent EAD renewal interview notice for that date). Got EAD but when asked officer when will the GC get approved, he said "How can you get GC approval so soon!". But, thank god, it is approved exactly 60 days from the interview date. After Sep. 11 tragedy, I had been thinking of worse things but ...
I have seen lots of postings in this forum about CIA name check hold. It is true. This CIA check is done either by VSC or by local office. If the case is transferred in very priliminary stages from VSC to local office, then the check is done by local office otherwise by VSC. But it seems that the case is released after 60 days. The wait is not indefinite til CIA gets back to INS, as in the past.
I am really thankful to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this site and to all other surfers for sharing their exp. and helping others.

No Title

Congrats, enjoy your freedom!

Can you pls. let us know where the approval notice came from, Newark or VSC? Also, can you pls. give details of EAD renewal interview?

Thanks

sukh bharey din bitey re bhaiyya, ab dukh aayo ray

Guys,

Those days of not waiting for CIA approval will disappear soon. Thanks to the bunch of lunatics who went about killing 6000 + people in the name of religion (and violating the beliefs of Islam in the process), I think we shall be seeing a longer wait time and NO APPROVALS before CIA check is completed. What a bunch of pain in the necks!

No Title

EAD renewal interview was routine. The officer called my name, checked the passport for all the visa stampings. He also checked the stamp for CIA name check pending in the passport. This stamp was put by the GC interview officer on 7/26. He then wrote "Pending CIA check for AOS" in the EAD renewal form. One word of advice - the newark office would not accept EAD renewal case until it is 90 days since EAD renewal RD. In my case, since my file was already with newark office for interview scheduling, my lawyer sent the EAD renewal papers to newark office. Newark office sent the EAD renewal interview within 60 days.
I got the GC approval from newark office.