RD/ND 08/00 Baltimore Interview Experience (EB2, India)

listUser

Registered Users (C)
I had an interview this morning. Baltimore INS told me that affidavits are not sufficient as birthdate evidence.
   They wanted a non-availability certificate or some equivalent from my birthplace in India. The rest of the interview
   was okay. Some routine yes/no questions mostly. The officer took a paystub each from 1998, 1999, 2000
   and 2001. He also took tax returns of 98 and 2000. Employment letter of course. He also took my index finger
   print but I am not sure why. He appeared satisfied with everything except for the lack of birth certificate.
   I have three months time to provide further evidence of my date of birth. He clearly told me that I will not
   need to appear for another interview. "Just submit us something typed up by your local authorities
   and you will be approved right away". The officer was very polite and the interview lasted about 15 minutes.

My company thinks that the affidavits are sufficient and they are about to do some arm-twisting. I am
   trying to produce a non-availability certificate from India. If anyone has a format of non-availability certificate,
   please please send it to me at avallab@yahoo.com.

No Title

One of my friend also attended interview today at baltimore. The officer asked for birth certificate and she goo does not have one. But showed the SSC certificate in which date of birth is there. Also provided the affidavits and non availability from muncipality. She got the passport stamp immediately. Hope this helps.

No Title

questions: How did you know what documents were needed for your interview? If you have already provided INS with all the tax forms, I94s and ... do you still need to cary them with you on the day of interview? Thanks,

No Title

listUser, thanks for sharing!

I hope this matter could be solved
immediately. Goodluck! At least the
officer assured you, you don\'t have
to be interviewed again. This is as
good as being approved.

Goodluck. Keep us posted.

GMC

No Title

Don\'t worry Hope2GetItASAP, INS will send you a long list of
all the things that they expect for the interviews. Just take
everything they mentioned (and anything else that you might
think useful) and you will be fine.

No Title

If ND is 08/00, when did you know that your case is transferred to the local office? in your case it is baltimore?

Since some of the offices are back logged, it is taking upto 9 months to get the interview after the case has been transferred.

thanks in advance

No Title

thanks, this means, VSC transfers the case to the local office, at least couple of months a head of approval. I am trying to understand, on what bases they transfer the case and at what stage of the process they decide to transfer.

Any kind of input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

No Title

listUser,

Do you mind telling me who is your Officer?
We have an interview with Officer C...

Thanks,
GMC