(RD:July 9th)Case transferred to Newark/Teterboro office for Interview

Local transfer at Newark....

My case was transfered to the local Newark Office on 04/24.
Employment based Category.
Same employer.
Seems like a randam pick...
Unlucky Me.

I would apply at VSC

because the I-765 instructions say that the form must be mailed to the Service Center where the I-485 application was mailed. I don\'t think it should matter that the case was transferred to the local office, as we need to send a copy of the I-485 receipt notice with the application. They can track the case if they need to.

By the way, do you know if we need to fill-in a signature card ?
I read somewhere on this forum that signature cards are not required anymore - this was posted on http://www.immigration-law.com on 4/24/02
Do you have any more info. about this.

Thanks

EAD Renewal at local INS

My lawer wants to file at local INS. According to him, if we file at VSC and case is transferred to local INS, VSC has to send EAD renewal local INS, which will further delay in getting new EAD. I talked to iio about where to file EAD renewal, and he suggested to go in person to local INS and file. I know we get different answer from different iio.

Victoria, do you know the address of the local INS office ....

If I remember right, your local INS office is Newark.
Is it the same office where one goes for finger-printing.
Is it open on saturdays.

Thanks for any info. you may have

Interview at Newark....

Somewhere in this thread, we somehow lost focus - changed it from Newark interview to EAD renewal issues !!

Anyway, could we please get back ?

Folks who have been thru this please respond with your experiences. If possible, answer these:
1) How soon was the notice received after AVM was updated, who received it and what were the contents
2) How soon was the interview scheduled after the case was transferred
3) The possible reason for transfer
4) Any do\'s and dont\'s for Newark office
Thanks.

RD 07/02 case transferred to Newark for interview on 05/06

Friends,
I am in deep trouble. My case has been transferred to local INS office at Newark.

PD --- 05/1999, RD --- 07/02/2001, ND --- 08/20/2001, FP --- 12/13/2001,
EB3, NJ , TD --- 05/06/2001

Case details:
------------
I started my GC process through compnay A in May 1999 under EB3. Got LC and I-140 approved through comapny A. Left company A in March 2001 and joined another company B, as company A was not able to find me a new assignment. In the mean time company A promised to continue my GC process.
After the dates became current in June 2001. I filed for my AOS (485) and submitted an employment letter from company A. I also changed my attorney.
In Feb 2002, my new attorney suggested me that I can take advantage of the AC-21 law (change of job after 180 days) so I sent employment letter from my current employer B in Feb. Now my case is transferred for an interview.

If anybody under similar situation please respond or guys, if you have any suggestions please help me out.

Thanks!!!!!

Interview date?

Akki99, you said your TD was 05/06/02 - do you have an interview date yet?

If you think your case is even slightly complex, I would recommend getting an attorney to go with you.

You will be fine - good luck and keep updating.

Mikhail, no interniew date yet.

I heard on AVM on monday that my case is transferred on 05/06.
I have still not received even a written notification from INS.

My attorney is based in Chicago, IL. I am not sure if she will be available to come down to Newark for my interview.

By the way, do you have any idea, on how much time it takes for the interview call?

Thanks for your help!!!

Mikhail

I think it takes between 3-4 weeks to schdule an interview from what I saw through some of the postings in this site.
I am also waiting for the call. By the way, did any one of you get the transfer notice? If so what did it say? Did you get it or your lawyer got it?
Thanks.

MSgetGC, I think you sound too optimistic!!!

I think it will take a couple of months for us to get the interview call.

T. notice received

My TD is 4/24. My attorney only received the Transfer notice so far.

I have seen a few local transfers to Newark recently (Someone\'s TD is 4/17 and ID is 5/20, good for him). The ID is within 6 weeks of the TD. Let\'s hope Newark can keep this speed.

EW

Interview scheduled for 5/23/02, Received int. letter on 5/11/02

Asked for the following documents:
1. Interview Letter, Passport, I-94
2. Medical Papers

Thanks
fib

Approved on 5/23/02 after interview

Check thread with the subject "Newark Local Transfers" for details